I feel as if my punishment was too severe

Context:

I was on the server yesterday, it was a full game and everyone was pretty excited to start. But apparently, the servers were lagging because two people (player A and player B) had high pings each, so Maestro (the admin at the time) decides to restart the server.

All is well, and the server is restarted. This is when I type in the chat "let's roll n***as" and I receive a permanent ban.

Why do I feel like my punishment is severe, and unfairly deserved? Because it was a word spoken in the moment, and I believe it was taken out of context. I don't believe anybody in the room was even offended or cared, but I know that's not reason enough. Where I live, California, the word "n***a" is used as colloquialisms in our culture, but I can see how it would offend somebody. For that, I do apologize and will be considerate toward other players the next time I play.

But back to the point. I believe since this was my first ever offense, a permanent ban is a bit...too much? I was not warned (and I know it may not be policy to warn, but still) before receiving a permanent ban, nor given an ability to explain myself. It was only until I logged in this morning that I discovered what had happened.

If anyone would like to discuss this further, please do so. I'm happy and willing to comply, but it is only the duration of my ban which I am contesting and arguing for. If it were a one-day ban, I could understand. But I feel that my action was taken out of context, exaggerated, and thus would like to reduce the severity.

Here is the ban list log:

http://gamrs.co/sourcebans/index.php?p=banlist&advSearch=teabagger&advType=name

My previous usernames are IHAVENOCLUEWHATIMDOING.

Here is my steam ID:

# 6010 8 "donut" STEAM_1:0:80120391 00:49 189 0 active 30000
EDIT: oh yeah, server was the L4D2, Versus 10v10
Edited by JackieChan
censored the "n" word which ends in "a"

The "n" word in any form is not allowed on our servers. Period. Culture or not. Any kind of racist slurs, again in any form, can get you permanently banned without warning. Refer to the first hyphen rule on the motd: http://www.gamrs.co/maps/l4d2/gcmotd.html

Really appreciate you coming on the forums. I'll unban you unless Maestro thinks otherwise. Just please be mindful of what you say on the servers next time.

And I wouldn't really use "teabagger" as a name either because it might not sit well with some admins which was the name you showed up as under Sourcebans.

The "n" word in any form is not allowed on our servers. Period. Culture or not. Any kind of racist slurs, again in any form, can get you permanently banned without warning. Refer to the first hyphen rule on the motd: http://www.gamrs.co/maps/l4d2/gcmotd.html

Really appreciate you coming on the forums. I'll unban you unless Maestro thinks otherwise. Just please be mindful of what you say on the servers next time.

And I wouldn't really use "teabagger" as a name either because it might not sit well with some admins which was the name you showed up as under Sourcebans.

I appreciate it, thank you.