A New Phone?

walkingCat

I'm on a hunt for a new phone.

My choices:

Motorolla Moto X

Nokia Lumia 1520 or 1020

Samsung Note 3

I hope to see some prices on this guys slightly cheaper during the holidays. My budget is less than $300 (at very maximum $400). No contact. Factory unlocked.

Any ideas or recommendations?

Moto X is pretty cool if you need something durable. I think it's pretty much the best out there for that. The Samsung is huge so I would never even consider it. Not familiar with the Nokia but the windows cell phones are limited to the extreme when it comes to aps and features.

glhf

Limited to the extreme in apps and features? Really? You can argue about app parity maybe but the features on my 1520 are loling.

eBay you can nab a practically new 1520 for $275 give or take $25 either way if you are patient. That's how our two arrived here (upgraded the 920's). Can't go back to small at all afterwards. You'll probably end up with a 16 gig model but for $25 you can grab a 64 gig SD card and away you go.  Skip the 1020.

Would love to get my hands (physically) on a One phone but not willing to risk it until I have it in hand to see what it's like. For Android i'd love a Flex 2.0 when it comes out flashed to Cyanogen mod.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Challenged by Flitterkill and my own ignorance I just got my first Windows 8 phone. It's a Huawei w1 Ascend.

So far I have run into a few really annoying issues as my version of software doesn't allow my phone to sync to Google unless you have an apps account. So got to spend an hour manually putting in my contacts. Ebook reader ap was no problem but took a bit to find one that synced up to google books properly.

The main interface feels a little clunky after having android for so long, but it's only the end of day number 1. I'll add to this if I have good or bad feedback upon further inspection.