Had my first taste of H1z1

Fenix

Not too bad of a game, but the Zombies are scarce...and so were the players on Wastes.  I died a few times trying to learn all the mechanics.  The first time I died was due to starvation.  Once I knew berries were good for a bit, and once I knew how to make a bow and arrow, I started exploring.

Eventually (after about 2 hours) I made my way to Pleasant Valley.  I found the police station there and there were litterally no people around.  I got a military back pack, and put another military pack in it, got an AR15 with 1 round, and a pistol with 12 rounds.  As I was making my way out of the station, I saw someone....and he ran away and circled around back of the station.  So I ran downstairs and hid underneath the stairway by the armory.  As I waited...some dude hauled into the armory before I could even blink an eye.  Then a couple other people were roaming the stairs, glitching in and out of my sight.  I'm not sure if it was lag, or if they were using a speed hack to run around the place, but I logged off as soon as I could so I could avoid getting killed.

So what do you guys think...were they speed hackers?

I was thinking about that.  Although I still want to learn more recipe stuff and learn how to build a fort before I get into a high-pop server.  Let me know when some of you guys are going to be on as a group.  I'd definitely like to play as a group on a high-pop server.  Those are the best times!

They patched today that fixes bases a great deal. Multi level. Gate is much taller. Etc. I would play more but with 2 little ones staying with us right now, I just don't have the time.

I'm also frustrated that my 3rd base got abandoned by everyone and then got raided of everything and a new door put on that I cannot open. No one has shared where the new base is and I may try to get to it or rebuild if time permits. I think the cheating is still an issue with teleporters and no-clip weenies.