Banned for no reason

zander99

Hi, 

So I was playing one of your servers for the second time on March 29 around 10pm Mountain time zone ( ip 74.91.124.246:27015 ) and i was having a friendly conversation with another guy. While we were talking, I said "you little poop" (i was joking of course because the guy was my friend) If you find that offensive, then you should probably not play csgo because  it's M rated. After a few seconds, I was muted.  Sadly i couldn't write down the name of the admin. After, I told the admin that he was supposed to give me a warning and a reason why he muted me. I know that, because I'm an admin myself and i have a lot of experience. He didn't answer my questions, instead he unmuted me. Then i began to explain to him that this is not how it works and that he has to give a warning and a reason why he muted me. I called him unexperienced admin and after that he got really salty and banned me. I don't know for how long I'm banned but i hope that this nonsense is going to be fixed pretty soon. 

My point is that you should give admin to smart people who can handle the responsibility of being one.

Thank you

zander

first you swore, I warned you. Then you were giving someone crap for being bad, I warned you. You continued to give people crap, I muted you then unmuted you to see if you had calmed down. You continued to talk crap about others and you swore more so I banned you for 60 minutes. 

GC is a community where we try to keep trolls and mean people away. I remember distinctly I said "don't be a dick" because that's like rule #1. 

As for if I'm a good admin, that's not my call to make. This community has its rules and I do my best to uphold them

• Like 1

Agreed. 

1) When we're having a friendly convo with "swearing" it doesn't mean I'm being a dick. If you though i were a dick, it simply means you have no sense of humour. That's all i can say. 

2) When you are warning someone, you have to explain that this is rule #1, bla bla bla, so please don't do it again. If you don't do it, then people are gonna be tinkleed that you mute them. Especially when the person is new to the server. You will simply cut their interest away. Trust me, I know. I have over 2 years of admin experience.

3) As I said, if light swearing is something SUPER offensive to you, then you don't have the age required to play this game.

Thanks for answer

1. I come into the server and see you insulting someone and swearing at them, what am I suppose to think?

2. I did warn you, can pull the logs but I'd rather not waste my time. So glad you can teach me stuff with your 2 years of admining

3. age limits don't matter. we own the server and we have seen that not allowing swearing really weeds out the people that make gaming not fun

4. most of the bans on this server are unquestioned because 95% of them are trolls just looking to cause trouble

• Like 2

zander,

Thanks for coming to the forums. Please note that your first warning was the MOTD which appeared when you joined the server. The second was the green text that appears in chat every 30 seconds or so with the rules.

It's not our fault if you don't read them, and we're under no obligation to give you a third warning in the server. When we do, it's because we feel compelled to give people another chance in our servers. 

Regardless, the ban was for one hour. It's expired. Feel free to come back and play within our rules. But please don't come in here and question the way we run our servers or the way our admins do their job.

• Like 6