banned

VivaLaBrandon

Just got banned for joking around and kiddlying said this team was noobs, no one even said anything about it, and others have said far worse than I did, yet i get banned for a month for just joking.  Well I guess sorry for those I offended and would like an unban since clearly i wasnt being serious and for what the admin who banned me showed what I said I think anyone can say getting banned for a month is absolutely ridiculous.

Welcome to the forums, VivaLaBrandon.

We had a lot of newer players on that campaign.  GC members should not be insulting team mates /new players by calling them “noobs” for saving “noobs”, and repeatedly telling the team to let new people die.  Based on your chat throughout the finale, I don’t reasonably believe you were kidding and/or joking when you called team mates “noobs”.   As long as players don’t break the rules, they are free to play any way they want.  If they don’t want to camp the bar during tank phases, that’s totally fine.  If they want to play Dodge-The-Cars, that’s also totally fine.  While it would be nice for people to follow the team’s general strategies, they are under no obligation to do so.  I am sure at least two of our team mates were international players, so they might not even understand English when they are asked to camp the bar.   

As far as others saying far worse than you did, give me proof and I will handle it.  I don’t have to justify the ban length to anyone but out of respect for you, I will do so.  It was based on the totality of the circumstances – your status as a long term GC member being held to higher standards, your ban history, the repeated instructions to let people die, and insulting team mates including myself.  I also wanted you to come address this issue here, because we will not tolerate members insulting each other and especially new players.  Ultimately, the ban length is not set in stone, because any bans can be substantially reduced and/or lifted entirely if the poster acknowledges their mistakes sincerely and apologetically. 

Please review the rules here:

http://gamrs.co/forums/index.php?/topic/34619-gc-rulescode/?p=421793

http://gamrs.co/forums/index.php?/topic/45111-l4d2-warning-to-all-regarding-servergc-rules/?p=542507

http://gamrs.co/forums/index.php?/topic/43069-gc-l4d2-stuff-that-gets-you-kickedbanned/?p=518168

vlcsnap-2015-08-26-19h52m22s106_zpsrgiup

vlcsnap-2015-08-26-20h58m11s543_zpstammj

Hi Brandon,

Sometimes our ban times may seem long, but they are also designed to get people to come to the website so we can make sure they understand the reason for the ban in the first place.  If someone in your position was banned for a day, he probably would have just waited it out and possibly done the same again.  By forcing the player to come here, we can address the issue for that player as well as anyone else reading this.

Except for rushing rules, if a anyone feels a player(s) is not playing well, they do have an obligation to pick up them up, heal them, send points, etc.   However...criticizing their play and calling them names will not be tolerated.  If anyone is frustrated with a team or players, just leave and play later. 

As far as your ban is concerned, had you just apologized initially and said you would not do it again, you would have been unbanned. 

Please post an apology for the things said in the server and agree not to do it again and you will be unbanned.

*People not involved with this, please do not post here.  I am always willing to discuss this or any other situation.  Send me a message or grab me Saturday on friends list or in mumble.  Thanks

Sorry to those that I offended, I won't do it again.  I'm not gonna report other members or regulars the only reason I mentioned it was because I thought we were allowed to leave people who didn't listen to the team and played their own game.  Now I know I can't do that and I don't plan on it.  I think I have shown I am willing to follow the rules as I no longer break the other things I''ve been banned for.

Please remember that GC welcomes all players.  We want new people to feel welcome here and hopefully they become regulars/members.  Otherwise the community will die and everyone will be playing with bots or the same group of people over and over.  Especially in a 10v10 format, the most fun games are ones built from a large and varied player base.  

Thanks for the apology.  See you in there.

I made a mistake in my post, I said you have an obligation to pick people up, heal them, etc.  I meant to say you do NOT have an obligation to pick them up, send them points, etc.  If people are not listening, playing their own game, etc, you do NOT have to get yourself killed because of them.  Sorry, it was early in the morning when I was typing that.

• Like 1