Input requested

Flitterkill

So, there's gonna be some changes around here in a month or so. Forums moving from the circa late-2000's era up into the now times with content streams and responsive things and all that.

One thing I've always wanted to get around to doing was Rig Fight! We all have computers, some better than others. Occasionally someone will drop a build thread as they create their latest monster gaming machine.  But alas, we have no community record of who's gaming with what, how fast (slow) it is, and so on.

I could have done this a year or two ago but now, it's kinda easy peasy to pull off. So, as part of the community refresh inbound I figure this can come along for the ride. Hell, can even give out prizes on a yearly basis and so on. You get the idea.

So, what would you want for community DB of this nature? Out of the gate I got this:

Type (Desktop/Laptop/Other)

Operating System

CPU Make

CPU Model

CPU Stock Speed

CPU Operating Speed (Current speed for overclockers)

Memory Size (GBs)

Primary Storage (HD/SSD/Memory)

Primary HD/SSD Make

Primary HD/SSD Size

Standard text box for you to blither about in about how great your PC is.

Image upload pile for you to dump all the glorious pictures of your special snowflake.

After that, well, sky's the limit. I imagine we'll want fields PCMark 7 and 8, 3D Marks of various flavors.

Monitor Make/Model

Standard screen res.

Gets a bit tricky with dual card people but otherwise video card make and model, video card memory (total?), shader count?

Case make. Uhh...

Cost too. Will be interesting to see how people do value wise. Also to laugh years later after spending $xxxx only to see some $30 part from China two years later equal it in performance :)

Naturally all this is browsable, sortable, etc.

Have at it!

• Like 1