ESWC LAN event

For anyone that's interested, the ESWC LAN event (a huge euro LAN) is going on this week. Alot of the best clans in the world will be playing, and the demos are going to be up on GotFrag.com. Not sure how many of you watch demos, but some of the euro clan demos are intense.

http://www.gotfrag.com/?node=news&id=998

http://www.gotfrag.com/?node=news&id=999&x=

Are the two articles up atm. Enjoy.

I keep up on the CS scene and everything now that I have gotten into competitive play and know whats going on.

zEx just beat some no name clan this morning.

The event is using MR 15!?

mtw.se aka. HLO SpawN is just TOOOOO good.

P.S I also have a picture of rotten from a lan he went to back in 2k called r2k. I think? :unsure: . COuld be a dif guy =\ .

Haha TeK. Yea, I was at r2k. clanrdw.com still has those photos up somewhere, altho I'd have to check and see if it's been taken down.

SpawN is nuts. I mean NUTS. Best reason to download that demo and watch it.

Sanders, =bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb :blink::D

TeK
(edited)

Then it is you in the picture I have. That lan looked like fun. Too bad 1 game elimination. Not from clanrdw tho.

AND SPAWN IS NUTSSSS.

Just download the hltv match vs. aAa...That guy is SO clutch.

I'll try and keep updates here of all teams popular or that players know I think =\.

So far zEx has won all 3 of their matches. Their Train match was great. Lost T side 6-9...Won CT side 10-1. Clutch players there.

SK.swe aka. The best team in the world has also won all their matches.

GX I belive won their first match.

http://www.gotfrag.com/?node=feature&id=203 Go here for a prediction of the teams to watch out for.

SK is still my fav to win...Have an unstopable roster with the recent addition of ElemenT.

Team 9 I think will surprise some people with their recent pick up of XeqtR whose one of the best in the game.

mtw.se aka. HLO will definately surprise people just cause SpawN is a beast.

zEx will turn a few heads...I say top 5.

Edited by TeK

Hehe Bugs. It is I. urK?!?

Tek, There will be NO surprises from SpawN's team. He's acknowledged in the pro community as the best player atm. He can literally win a match singlehandedly. There was a movie going around at one point of all the 3-5v1 scenarios taht he'd cleaned up on.

zex and GX will hopefully have a great finish. I think zex is more likely to do it personally, but I have alot of respect for the GX guys too. I'm a bit disappointed that 3d isnt there this year--dunno what happened there.

And yes, r2k was a blast. rdw actually had 15ppl at taht event. 3 teams competing. I led team 2 (which was basically our 2nd stringers) and we knocked a couple of key clans out of the running. We were trying to have a 3way rdw final, but m1 (wombat's old clan) knocked rdw.team2 out of the running on inferno. I made the mistake of dropping an awp for wombat to pickup when we were CT and that was pretty much all she wrote. Wombat = rail whor... well, you get the idea. That was also destrukt's first LAN match ever playing CS. He won a couple of key rounds for us too.

Anyone here going to CPL? If so, I'll be there from Friday to Sunday.

Actually rotten I'd like for u to see these pics. They may bring back a lot of old memories for ya.

As for SpawN being the best...I HIGHLY AGREE. When this guy is on hes unstopable.

Kane I don't think has anything to do with why 3D didn't go. Kane left right after KillerLAN where 3D placed 2nd I believe behind TEC in what was a great finals match. 3D didn't attend any qualifiers so they had no chance to go but after their poor performance at Clikarena which shocked many I don't know. They will be ready for Summer CPL tho even tho I'm still a zEx fan ;o .

I really hope zEx will do good. They deserve to be ranked #1 USA right now behind 3D.

I'm judging the finals of this event to be between one of these 4 teams.

SK.swe and Team 9, mtw.se, and/or zEx.

zEx is doing some clutch stuff right now there. Volcano is cleaning up after not having LANed with them in quite some time but is also considered one of the best LAN players in North America.

I wanna goto Summer CPL to just watch but Work+money=me not going :( .

Get back to me rotten in a PM if possible. I can always talk to u in IRC in #rdw if u want also :) .

ESWC Updates

SK.swe, zEx, GX, mtw.se, and Team 9 All moved onto next round.

zEx vs. GX on a rematch of the Cal-i finals on the same map Dust2 sees zEx defeating GX 16-11 ON LAN!

I'll bring u up to speed on anyone who didn't watch the cal-i finals.

zEx cs. GX was the cal-i finals this year. zEx was lanning in Toronto and played GX from the lan center. GX just got finished by placing 3rd at KillerLAN down in Texas behind 3D and TEC. The finals started with GX as T and zEx CT. About 6 or 7 rounds in zEx's LAN center got packeted and forced all of their players to disconnect from the server leaving them moneyless and gunless. They were in a 2v1 situation favoring zEx when the center got packeted. They agreed on restarting I believe on the 8th round with startmoney at 4200 I believe which enabled zEx colts and armor no kits. zEx got killed and lost ct side 12-0. They did start coming back T side winning the first 7 but eventually GX picked up the 8th round and a win. Big controversey and after-match crap insued. Needless to say zEx "in my eyes" got screwed out of this but now at this event they played on LAN and won which proved who the better team was.

SK.swe is stomping over the competition as expected.

mtw.se suffered their first loss of the tournyment to a clan Bz.

Team 9 has won all of their matches.

Anyone who is interested in watching High calibur players play should really go and download some of these HLTV's that are released from the event. www.gotfrag.com . You will get some new ideas how to play and watch how the best in the world play this game. Very Interesting stuff indeed.

ESWC Updates DAY 5.

Winners bracket has SK.swe vs. zEx and Team 9 vs. GG.

zEx has done it and has beat SK by a convincing score of 16-7 while Team 9 Over GG 16-5.

If zEx wins this event, there is no doubt in anyones mind that they will be ranked #1 in the world. They just took out the top ranked world team on LAN and proved they are a force to be reckoned with.

4K took 5th place while american Team GX took 6th.

I can't wait to view the hltv demo of this match as these are the #1 Euro and world team against the #1 american team. Train was the map. Anyone and everyone should download the demo.

Team 9 wins ESWC LAN over zEx 16-7 on de_dust2 winning 1st place and $35k.

zEx takes second winning $25k. They definately proved themseleves to be one of the best in the world by getting second at this event

SK.swe takes 3rd and $15k after beating GG on SK's best map de_nuke.

For anyone that cares..

Fatality took 3rd place in ut2k3

2 SK took 1st and second in WC3.

Thats it everyone...People should check out some of the hltv's released from the event and watch some of the best play.