Oh yeah, another fps post.

Guest Deliverance.

Guest Deliverance.
Guest Deliverance.
Guest Deliverance.
Guests

Well, after applying the critically acclaimed fps driver fix, I see no improvement. Allow me to give you insight on my machine.

Radeon 9600 PRO - vsync off

1.3ghz proc.

384 ram

Using xp.

Using reforce/ powerstrip.

My system should tear cs a new one, but it struggles with open areas and gun battles.

When it's not busy, I can easily get 100-120, but when something halfway important happens, like seeing a couple players, it dramatically drops to 50-60. I'm open to suggestions.

• 3 weeks later...

upgrade your processor. when i had an xp1900 with 512 ram and a gf3 ti200 it always ran at 100fps with vsync on with no slowdowns what so ever.

have an xp1600 now with 512 and a gf3ti200 and it runs like poop. too broke to buy a new processor so i plan on getting a car rear defroster repair kit to unlock the xp1600 and to modify the mb to unlock the multiplyer options in bios so i can overclock.

i would suggest at least upgrading to a 1.6ghz, that would run cs silky smooth. for a p4 1.8ghz its about $110. for an athlon xp 2000 its somewhere around 50 bucks.

when i had an xp1900 with 512 ram and a gf3 ti200 it always ran at 100fps with vsync on with no slowdowns what so ever.

Was this a typo? "ran at 100fps with vsync on"? Maybe with it off.

Edited by dwEEziL