I love Cable...

SupaFly

I've got a bit of a problem here, and I wonder if anyone has ever had this happen to them...

A few days ago my cable company decided to upgrade the cable going down my street, and then upgrade the cable in my house this evening.

Anyways, for the past few days I haven't been able to do much of anything online, and when I go to play CS I get a solid 100 choke at all times. According to the cable company "it's not the wires, cause there new". But it did it on my computer, along with the Laptop I've been borrowing. I supposed to have a 1.5Mbps connection here. Has anyone ever heard of anything like this, or am I up a creek, minus a paddle?

:unsure:

Supafly where do you live???? I live a bit north of Chicago, Comcast is my isp.

I'm having the same problem with my isp, they are "up grading" When i get home from work, i generally game until 6:30 break for dinner, but the last couple of days i come back from dinner and my ping is 200... If you run a tracert in dos, it's the third or forth router in the series the is giving me my hicup. They said they will is supposed to be done nov. 1st.

(edited)

Oooooh a Madisonian. I just missed ya, lived there until a month ago... never had any probs with Charter though.

1 1/2 hours to Chicago? You must live like an hour south of Madison... you drive 100 mph? :laughcry:

Edited by Hitman