Need some help plz

Okay, I'll try and explain this as best I can. When I go to my scope on the sig (commando) or the aug, I can't see my crosshair site, the 4 little dots that make up the crosshair when you scope those guns. Ninty-nine percent of the time it blends in to the background and I have no idea where I am aiming. I tried adjust_crosshair, but that is only for the primary crosshair, which doesnt help me. I am using 16 colors, so does that have something to do with it? I'm at a loss... If anyone has any advice I'd appreciate it. In 1.5 I never had this problem, so I'm wondering what has changed. Granted I don't use those guns a lot and I even scope with them less, but when I pick one up on a save rd, I might as well stick with my pistol. Thoughts, comments, observations? (BTW, same vid card so that's not it.) Thanks....

Turn down your brightness or something, because its too high, the color is like a plain brownish color and it really doesnt stick out all that well when your brightness is high. Try this and if it doesnt work i will think of something else.

Don't know if this is your case or not, but I have heard of issues where (in previous versions anyway) the scoped crosshair disappears after someone has installed a custom model pack. It did for me back in 1.5 and the only way I got it back to normal was to reinstall CS.

Yeah that is one of the downsides to that gun 17, you have to know where you can use the zoom and where you cannot. Until we started playing cal, I, like bigshaw, used custom crosshairs, but It was the default of the pack I was using at the time, I usually used the realism or the fusion pack. But mostly when I use the gun now I just don't scope it, unless I know that it is in an area where the crosshairs will be easy to see. I wouldn't knock my brightness down for the simple fact that is makes it harder to see in those dark spots ; by the boxes in the hall on dust i.e.

Ya, like i said I very rarely even buy them, but every now and again it's nice to have a scoped weapon, especially on a save rd when you pick one up. I couldn't get Shaws fix to work and I turned the brightness down in the game and on my monitor and it didn't make any difference. Thanks for the suggestions, I guess I'm just going to be able to use those guns unless its unscoped.