Microphone Issues

TFR|Cyberwrath

I have the Logitech Premium Stereo Headset, and it's been fine for a few months, up until the past two weeks. The microphone doesn't record any sound anymore.

No sound in CS, Microsoft's sound recorder, and even when I test the hardware. Maybe once in ten restarts I somehow have the microphone working (the headphones part is fine).

I just reformatted my computer today to get rid of a different problem, so the mic problem didn't start right after this. I know it's plugged in right because it's been like this for months. I know it's not muted, and I've updated my sound card drivers (which I did after this problem occurred in an attempt to fix it). I doubt that it's just "getting old" since I got this headset mid-September.

I've read countless FAQ's and none seem to help, just the same old stuff over and over. Any ideas/answers? I'm sick of always having to go to Best Buy b/c of a mouse/headphones problem; you wouldn't believe how many warranties I have :yuck:

Update: The microphone works when it's all the way at the top of the headset instead of pulled down in the talk position. That means I can use it without the headphones, which is really annoying. I think something is wrong with the wire; static or something. I'll have to buy a new one. <_<

Edited by TFR|Cyberwrath