Graphics problems

soul .gc

Alright, let's see if any of you techies know this:

I have an Athlon 2100, 512mb ram, 60gb hdd, sb live!.

Initially I had a Geforce 3 card that would run the game one time fine then I would have to rboot before I could start CoD again. If I restarted it a second time I would get bars across the screen the whole time.

I decided it was time to upgrade so I got myself a geforce 5600 256mb card. I put it in and now CoD will only pop a black screen when I start it up. The sound works but no graphics. I updated my Bios and my AGP drivers and still no luck. I disabled my on-board sound so there was only one sound card and still nothing. Activision tech support is not very helpful at this point either.

Today I am formatting the drive and removing XP-Home and installing XP-Pro to see if that helps the situation. If anyone has any ideas besides a new motherboard (this one only supports AGP4x), please shout it out.

the motherboard only supporting 4x agp shouldnt be a problem. theres virtually no increase from 4x to 8x anyway so you dont need to feel your missing anything. I think a clean install of windows and drivers/directx9 should fix any problem you were having. If not, try different drivers, i know for ATI some work better then others, others dont even work.