UT 2003 mods

Crowbar

Seeing how Unreal Tournament 2003 is so beautiful, it would be a shame if no one took the time to mod for it. Luckily, many have taken a LOT of time to mod for it. And the results are some very fun, and often very unique, mods.

Back when I first bought UT2k3, I went looking for mods, and found a little one, one of the first released, called deathball. I started it up, and spent 3 hours having the most fun I think I've ever had on a computer game. It's set up like soccer, a field with a goal at each end, the ball in the middle, and a team on each side of the half field line. At game start, each team rushes to the ball, and when one player picks it up, they push downfield and try to shoot the ball (out of the "ball launcher") into the opposing team's goal. The players not holding the ball all have shield guns. (you charge them up, and when you get close to someone, let go and a shockwave will knock that player back a few feet, or a long way, depending on the force you've built up.) I ran back and forth on that little field for 3 hours, I loved it.

The Opera was one of the most original mods made for Half Life, and if you feel like it, the HL mod file is still on the Opera's site. It's built around Jon Woo style gunfights, asian style death operas, where the style and honor of the kill is valued higher than the speed or efficiancy. The mod pushed Half Life's limits, adding such unique things as dives, rolls and backflips, and the flapping trenchcoats. All models had waving, flapping trenchcoats.

Now the team has moved on to their second release, this time for Unreal Tournament 2003. It should be one amazing mod, if they ever get it done.

Organized Crime looks like it will be one cool mod! I loved the idea of the old Edios "Gangster" games. I just wished I could be IN the game. A GTA game set in the 1930's, that's what I want. That...OR a UT2k3 mod set in the 1930's. Who wouldn't want to be the Godfather?

Lawdogs is a mod set in the US wild west. I don't know if any of you played the old Half Life western mod, it was pretty funny, but not very good. THIS western mod, however, looks like it will be pretty good. The website promises a major update, at least to the screenshot section, soon. Looks like the team of this one is well equiped and hard at work.