Anybody know anything about VWs

Bubblegum Bandit

So, got my 2000 Passat the other day, my wife decided that she likes the Explorer better, so she tells me I can drive the new car. Cool, also found out Friday that it has a 6-disc changer in the trunk, the Dealership that sold it to me had no clue...lol...

Anyway, so now that I'm going to drive it all the time, I go to work on adding a little low end to it, not a bass grinding system, but just a little low end fill. This morning I got up and I'm running the wire from the battery to power my aftermarket amp. Had the hood and doors open for about three hours. So, my wife decides that she wants to go to Jamba Juice to get a smoothie. We hop in the car and it won't start....hmmmm.....battery is low right, so I roll it down the driveway and jump it off, no big deal. I'm driving to Jamba Juice and realize that the power windows and the sunroof aren't working. My wife goes into Jamba Juice to get smoothies and I check out the fuse box, sure enough, one is blown. I replace it. Ok, now the car will turn over, but it won't start???? We even tried rolling it off a few more times. Won't start.... It acts like its not getting gas, crank crank crank, no start. So, I walk 5 miles home to pick up my other car while my wife sits in a chair at K-mart.

I checked every other fuse, none of them blown the amp wiring isn't even hooked up yet, I just ran it and have it sitting there waiting. So it's not a problem with it. I have the factory monsoon stereo and anti-theft in the car. Is there maybe a kill switch attached to the anti-theft system that might need to be reset when you disconnect the battery? I really can't figure it out. Any of you car guys have any ideas?

Thanks,

Bub