Far Cry

rackish

When I first installed it, the sound was fine. I'm on like the 7th mission, and I can't hear my footsteps, or my gun shots, I can hear the enemy talk, and the black guy talk to me. I reinstalled, and it still does it, I have the latest audigy drivers... I'm not sure what else to do, anyone have any ideas?

You using headphones or speakers? Try switching to the other. It might be a short in your cable.

I had a problem with a short in my headphone cable awhile back. Odd thing was, I only really noticed it in CS. Any sound that came directly at me as I was facing was muted (not silent just muffled drastically but not distorted). Peripheral sound was heard just fine. I could actually shoot at the ground, with the sound muffled, then turn real fast (in game, not in my chair) and hear perfectly the completion of the blast.

personally, I find sound problems to be the most frustrating PC problem of all. yeah, reinstall the drivers...other than that, don't know what to tell you except maybe try a different sound card, or plug into your motherboard sound jack. Also, try messing with the Creative mixer. Could be a setting was changed. If you're using headphones, set the speaker settings to headphones. On speakers, try out different setups. (i.e. 4 speaker, 5.1 surround sound, etc)

(edited)

Ok, so I reformated.... and this is realllly tinkleing me off, the sound worked for about 5 levels. And get this, now I hear my gunfire and footsteps, but I don't hear the enemie's talking, gunfire, or them in general, no one else is having these problems?, this is messed up, I hope a patch fixes this!

Edited by rackish