What's up with the server?

Guest AbeFroman

Guest AbeFroman
Guest AbeFroman
Guest AbeFroman
Guests

Mobocracy *used* to be my favorite server. I don't want to sound like some sort of complainer here, but every time I have tried to play for the last week, the server has been full of bots. What a turn off.

There been a few tiimes that the server browser shows 20/22 players, when I log on I find that all but three of them are bots. I'd much rather play on a near empty server, they almost always fill up quickly. But when someone logs onto a server and finds it full of bots their first instinct is usually to quit.

Anyone else agree/disagree? I pretty much joined this forum just to make this complaint. That's how much I *used* to enjoy playing on mobocracy.

Did you just notice? Sorry to tell you, but there's been bots set to hold the server up since it's been live.

Bots disappear as people replace them. I appreciate your comments, but if you want to play on your own, you're welcome to do so at many empty servers out there. Can you tell me when the bots remained for more than a little while in a game during the primetime hours? Sometimes you have to tolerate them for a few minutes. They also keep the teams even numberwise.

Notice this: http://www.serverspy.net/site/serverranks/...it=Show+Servers

Take a look at that. Bots don't put you at #2 in World rank, because bots are considered connected player when you look at status pages such as: THIS.

Perhaps in the last week we've had a decline in human players? Dunno, but our rank has actually gone up and I haven't touched a thing.

I'm looking at 22/22 right now...real players. Heck, I wake up at 6:00 in the morning EST and see humans playing in there.

When the maps change, or when primetime goes off and we're hosting people from overseas, bots help to keep the game going and keep the server on the top of the server browser in your UT2004.

If you hate bots during those times, I apologize. Since you "used" to play there, I will say that I'm sorry to see you go because you got pwnd by a low-level bot (just kidding man). Take care.

The fact that you took the time to register here to give us feedback does indeed mean something and we do appreciate it. If we continue to get similar complaints, we'll look into it. As of now, this is the first of this nature. Actually, this is the first complaint about MOBO period...Mini, tell him what he wins!

Guest AbeFroman
Guest AbeFroman
Guest AbeFroman
Guests

Sorry, maybe I came off a little harsher than I meant to.

I never stopped playing on mobocracy. I guess I have been keeping odd hours lately, that probably explains why I've been seeing more bots than usual. The amount of players playing UT2004 is probably in a slight decline also as the newness of the game wears off.

Thanks for the quick reply, hope to see you guys on the server.

Guest AbeFroman
Guest AbeFroman
Guest AbeFroman
Guests
Good thing there's no Hide n Seek game types in UT.

Hmmm? what do you mean?

Guest AbeFroman
Guest AbeFroman
Guest AbeFroman
Guests
(edited)
Are you the sausage king of Chicago?

"Are you suggesting that I'm not who I say I am?" :D

Edited by AbeFroman