A Question

Guest kovah

Guest kovah
Guest kovah
Guest kovah
Guests

Hello's and high's and such.

I was really happy when I saw that you guys had an ONS server for a few reasons. One, Onslaught owns. 2, i've been playing on mmmmtropolis(gc) off and on for over a year now(GOOPer from back in tha day, cs used ta own). Now, the cs server used to always give me a high, sometimes spikey ping(80-90s). It doesn't anymore, in fact, its like you moved it here to Atlanta(30-40s). The ONS server though... ugh. 100s+ spikey all the time. (now to the question)Im just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this, or am I just whining?

At any rate, there are times when its stable enough to play a map, so, i'll still be stopping in to tweak your nodes... :P and congrats on having one of the top servers!

Thanks!

Well, UT2004 has some issues. It doesn't matter what server you're on, if you go above 22 or 24 players, you start to see the warping. I've found that 22 ok, although 20 might even be better. We may drop it down to 20 in the next month or so. Basically, yes, we'll trade anything to keep the quality of the game high.

Thanks for your input. I hope that possibly some netcode adjustments will be made with the first patch. It's a CPU combine at the moment, also.

Guest kovah
Guest kovah
Guest kovah
Guests

sounds good, thanks for the reply. tis in meh favorites, so ill be stopping in reguardless.

oh... hi dweez(postwhore) :P

Guest kovah
Guest kovah
Guest kovah
Guests

well, just got back from playing some dawn and i must say, MUCH MUCH better! :D anywhere from 12s ta 60s. see ya dropped it down to 20 max players, incredible what a difference it seems to have made for me. Thanks!

(and dweezil is only as transparent as Swoop's wallhacks)