Advanced Map Stratagies

Hey all I thought I would just drop a line as to what I am currently cooking up.

I have officailly adopted the GC tag and have begun constructing some advanced stratagies for each ONS map. I figured that people who are still a bit new to the game might find them of use as they are the same tactics I use and have thus worked really well for me.

In these guides I go through how I use the weapons and vehicles in a bit more than "this is the gun and this is where you can get it" type of thing. I only do this in the Torlan guide.

Then I give both offensive and defensive stratagies for how to operate on each map. I do this from a team prospective, not from a one-on-one prospective...if you want that...then go play CTF or DM. :P

I also do not focus on only one way to take a map...as that is never going to work...but I give a several ways to go about each with.

If anyone has any suggestions to stratagies...please feel free to email me at Brillow80@aol.com (note 80 is eight zero...not eight ohhhh). If you would send me an attached Word file or Notepad...that would be great.

I'll be doing this from screenshots and voice recording with probably a text guide that you can read if you wanted too, but it will all be there in voice recording. Hopefully I'll have Torlan done by the middle of the week.

Happy hunting all.

Brillow_Head aka Brillow/-=GC=-/

Patriotic?  Do more than just buying a flag.

Give me, give me, I am all about the team play, that is one of the reason I converted to UT. I am still pretty new at this game but am improving day by day. Any help that you can offer is greatly appreciated.

Yea, nub, you hold your own, brotha. Although, do you have a mic attatched or a talk key configured or sound on? I was yellin at you last time we played together and never got a shout out back! Where's the love?

Mic- got it, will set it up

Talk key- will configure it

Sound on- yes but I got a bad habbit of watching tv while I play some times and tend to space out on the tv. I didnt even notice you in the game till the end of the map and then it changed and you were gone.

I will get my headphones/mic hooked back up and unhook these speakers

^_^

Just a quick update...it is taking me longer than expected to put the first map together. I've got the Weapons, and Vehicle Guide finished...and that will only be done once...after that its just common knowledge. And I have the Alpha Strike done for Torlan...I'm working on Beta Strike at the moment. It takes soooo long to write out the strat, then record to voice, then take screens, then edit screens...

so...a bit more patientce and Torlan will be up soon...<wisper> provided fatty will give me the room for an upload. ;)

Peace...or in Pieces

Brillow/-=GC=-/

Just take your time man. I would rather it was done right then meet and obscure deadline. BTW, I don't think Fatty would have a problem with giving you upload space (I think ftp/http download space comes with membership) but if he does I got space for you.

Guest Ragin
Guest Ragin
Guest Ragin
Guests

Hi everyone, I finally registered on the boards but have been playing with you guys since the game came out. I will be registering here soon with a next couple of paychecks (poor college student). :unsure:

Brillow, reply back he if you could use some help on the basics of each map, like the weapns, vehicles, and maps. I don't mind helping on this project. ;)

Howdy Ragin, welcome to the GC shiznizel!!!

Wow dude, could I use the help...you bet. The tedious part is getting all the little details down like...what weapons spawn at what node along with the vehilces and locations of the super weapons (cause I don't even know all of those)

If you would be so gracioius as to do a bit of tedious work and document the weapon and vehicle placements for each node on each map, that would be supper...and PLEASE feel free to put in your two cents on strats...the more the merrier.

Again, welcome to the bumm rush...uuuh...uhhh.

Peace...or in Pieces

Brillow

Hey all. Got the game, installed it and fired it up last night. Popped onto Mobocracy last night for a few. Good, good fun. Haven't played the UT engine in a while though, so still tweaking mouse settings etc. I ping a touch high to Mobo, so don't mind me being a gimp.

Welcome to the community Ragin. Nice to keep seeing the community grow.

Hello urk, good to see you finally found the light. We need all the homies we can gather.

I went to go play some ut today and the mobo server was empty so I went and joined another server. One thing I can say about the mobo server compared to the one I joined is that here at mobo you dont have much problem with everyone playing as a team. The server I joined today was so frustrating becasue no one played as a team. Mobo is the place to be if you want to play as a team... :peace:

I went to go play some ut today and the mobo server was empty so I went and joined another server.

:=

Shouldn't take much of an idle to get a game going!!! o0o

Never heard that before, though. When was it?

Actually... I ping about 75 to that server now. Although it does fluctuate quite a bit. Still, mad fun game. Played for an hour or so last night.

And yea Nubus, teamwork is much better on Mobo... on another pub I was on... it sooooked.

You know.....LOL...I bet you came by RIGHT after I killed the server to activate a couple new reserve slots. That's the only explanation, and it WAS yesterday afternoon during my lunch....which is 11 - 1130 your time....there ya go.