We Need More Nights Like that one

I was on today (Thurs, 20 May) and so far the team as it sits was on...urk, nubus, ragin, fatty, and myself. I have to say guys, wow, we pwned.

I felt alot better playing tonite than I have for a week. I felt like part of a team instead of the guy who helps everone else out.

Nice, guys, very nice, I want more nights like that one...

Peace...or in Pieces

Brillow

Oh, and i really really think we need to set up some scheduled team play time where we are all on at least twice a week. That way we can get use to each others style and get good playing...and at the same time see if we cant recruit some new peeps...

If peeps see about five or six of us on the same team pwning like we did tonite, then they might be more willing to sign up.

What do you say guys...what nights and times works for yall?

Peace...or in Pieces

Brillow

Ya that was some good fun tonight. I am up for some practice, here is my schedule....

central time

Mon- anytime

Tues- anytime

Wed- anytime after 9 pm

thur- anytime after 9 pm

Fri- work late not good

Sat- work late not good

Sun- anytime after 9 pm

Due to school and work them are my available times :wavey:

ROGER!

I think we've seen the beginning of the end. I had a blast playing alongside my mates!!! Totally makes the game twices as fun. I have to be honest, I was selfishly practicing my bullfighting last night (that's my own private term for facing a manta while on foot)....and purposely avoiding using the avril while doing so.

Anyways, you've hit the exact point: people see us having fun, and see several of us...they're gonna think "dewd....I wanna be a part of that!" At least if we're doing things right (playing well, but foremost having some funage)....

I can't say I can commit right now to specific days, but if you guys decide on a couple informal "get here if you can" days, then I'll do my best....and yes, gotta be after 9.

Definately lots of fun. Hellah better with teamwork than it is just pubb'n it.

Some quick observations on basic strats in this game--bear in mind that this is based on about 8 hours of total gameplay--but my mind always works like this when I play games ;p. Seems to me that (generally speaking), you need (at least) two defensive teams and one offensive team.

1 defensive team to anchor the flank -- at least two people that work well together. set up to support each other and defend the assault point. AVRILs and good anti-manta tactics a must. The optimal flank here depends on the map--some maps they should hold a spot hard, others they should be floating to harrass a multiple pathways. Generally it's easier to hold one choke point. Try to put one person on the high ground.

1 defensive team to defend the assault pathway--seems like it can be one defender with AVRILs and good anti-manta tactics. This person's only job is to delay the recap of a PN long enuf for the assault team to cap/link the next PN, then move up quickly to hold the next PN. They should also be flexible enough to know when to move up early to support an attack.

1 assault team whose sole job is to advance the attack to the final choke node to the enemy PC. They've gotta do this quickly and using any and all weapons. Manta's are a must, and heavy armor should be used whereever possible.

Dont remember the map name but it was the first one I joined on, big river in the middle, double bridges, huge number of PNs--we didn't execute this real well. However on Dawn (I think?) we destroyed the enemy by doing this.

Final stages, once the assault team gets that final choke point, everyone rally's on that PN--defensive teams hold that choke while the assault team goes all out on the PC. Make sure the defensive teams know which respawn points to grab and get some armor to help hold the spot. Assault team should go to fast movers (manta's and reapers if they can) for final stage. Tanks are meat in the fast respawn environment of the PC and should hang back and bombard like artillery.

Old 1v1 DM tactics are also useful... if somewhat... abusive. Fire rockets (or other explosive) at spawn points for each PN when you're trying to hold an enemy PN that isn't unlocked yet. Even tho ppl are invulnerable on spawn for a couple of secs, the explosion will knock them away from the Weapon point which either a) buys you 5-6 seconds to kill them; B) allows you to kill them in a rocket/mini/flak vs assault rifle duel.

Manta's--learn to pancake!!! Nothing funnier :D:D:D:D

Ehhh... times for regular play. I can't really commit to regular practice times. My work(s) schedules are too abusive. But, I can try to make it on regular nights for pubs etc.

Hmm, so far a Wed and Sunday after 9 sounds like a winner for some inpromptu team killen...sounds like just an informal at the moment tho...

I can't stay on for more than 2 hours at that time of day but I'll be there around 9 ish.

I'm also on most days...and I mean like 5 days a week around 5 or so. (I have no life, there, I've said it.) I only stay on for an hour or two.

Peace...or in Pieces

Brillow

um...all I know is you people are making me itch to get my UT2K4 game delivered...which stinks because it's gonna take awhile then I hafta go through the 6-disc install, then the update download, then the update install, then the community pack download, then the community pack install, then the map pack download, and then the map pack install and finally...I hafta learn how to play the game properly

:P

I've played the Demo...but I haven't truly spent time playing a "twitch" FPS since Quake 2...so it's gonna take awhile for me to get back in the swing of things

um...all I know is you people are making me itch to get my UT2K4 game delivered...which stinks because it's gonna take awhile then I hafta go through the 6-disc install, then the update download, then the update install, then the community pack download, then the community pack install, then the map pack download, and then the map pack install and finally...I hafta learn how to play the game properly

:P

I've played the Demo...but I haven't truly spent time playing a "twitch" FPS since Quake 2...so it's gonna take awhile for me to get back in the swing of things

I d/led the dvd iso :) Put it in Alcohol 120% and I'm good to go cuz now with the update you dont need a cd/dvd in the drive anymore. :D

well I can't use mIRC from home, kazaa is full of more viruses than useable software and bittorrent never goes over 5k/sec download even with my 1.5mb/sec download speed and at work I COULD download the ISO but would have no way of getting it home...

so I am stuck with 6 cd's.

Guest Ragin
Guest Ragin
Guest Ragin
Guests

yeah, i'm new, going to join in the next couple of weeks, when i get paid, and umm im kinda good, i like teamwork though