Player/Bot Minimum too high?

Guest Arcturus

Guest Arcturus
Guest Arcturus
Guest Arcturus
Guests

Mobo's a rockin server! I love it! :wub:

just one complaint.....

Personally, I think the minimum players is set a little too high, causing huge amounts of bots to join when there are only <say> 5 players playing.... amounting to 5 humans and about 10 bots or so...

:bang:

Also, what happens is you'll have a team that is like 90% humans and another that is like 10% humans... makes for rather annoying gameplay.

Ok - I'm done now.

The only thing I base the bot # on is what it takes to keep the server up on the first screen in your ONS server browser when sorted by player amounts.

Any lower and frankly less people will see it. Less people see it, it spends time empty. At this point, even with the 3rd party maps, we're getting back to 24 hour play (human play) which is where we need to be.

If we were to consider dropping the bot level, we'd have to drop some 3rd party maps at the same time.

On a side note: Our GC Admins can remove bots on the fly using the web admin.....I think they have the right to kick bots. If not, I'll fix it so they can.

Guest Arcturus
Guest Arcturus
Guest Arcturus
Guests

I was thinking...

It's too bad that UAdminMod doesn't have something where it not only player balances teams (which it does) but it also *Bot-Ratio* balances teams...

I mean, when there are any bots at all, the teams are balanced because the bots auto balance teams - and the UAdminMod team balancing doesn't actually kick in until there are so many people that bots are no longer filling in to meet the player minimum ... but it would be nice if the Mod could somehow look and say, "hey, that team has 8 men and 2 bots and the other has 2 men and 8 bots - I think I'll even the field!"

That would fix the whole mess of problems.