Double Layer dvd+-rw burner

1GB kingston memory

Radeon 9800 pro

Samsung 172x 17" flat pannel

MX900 Bluetooth Wireless

MX500

Microsoft Natural Keyboard

Tharmaltake case

Only real problem so far is with the daul channel memory. If I remove one of the 512 Memory sticks everything works fine. With both in windows gets errors and ocasionally reboots. I was told the reason is because the memory and cpu are not on the same bus speed. Will try it when I get off work today.

One minor problem is with the optical mouse. When i am playing Ut2004 in onslaught the mouse acts very messed up and jumps all over the place. I was told by someone else that it may be the optical mice causing the problem. Going to try a regular mouse later.

Edited by Deputy Dawg

OH MY! Not a single person on here has a computer as slow as mine...no wonder I get pwned!! My FPS is probably always lower than the person I am fighting with! (which is why I use tanks and spider mines so often)

AMD 1600+

384 MB Ram

Radeon 7200

I do have 5.1 surround sound that I turn up VERY loud when I play! Live in a pretty sound-proof house so the sound of tanks blasting is no problem. ;)

-Kor

Radeon 7200? Isn't that the one without hardware T&L? Holy crap - I thought my 7500 was the rock bottom around here... o0o

On a side note, I finally bought a microphone (couple bucks from a friend who never used it), but found out I prefer to type. If you ever do hear me use my mic, don't be surprised if it sounds weird - I am amused by the different sound effects my SBLive can add to things, and am usually too lazy to clear the DSP.

^_^ <-This smiley is the best.

• 2 weeks later...
Radeon 7200? Isn't that the one without hardware T&L? Holy crap - I thought my 7500 was the rock bottom around here... o0o

Nope.

All the Radeon cards are Dirct X 7 cards with Direct X 7 Features such as hardware T&L.

The 7500 is just a faster clocked 7200.

Same features.

Taken from here: http://www.fact-index.com/r/ra/radeon.html

Other models of the original Radeon were the Radeon VE (RV100, later known at the Radeon 7000), which had one of the texturing units removed and had a 64-bit memory bus, as opposed to the 128-bit bus on the Radeon. The T&L engine and Hyper-Z was also removed. Another model was the Radeon LE, which was simply a Radeon clocked lower, and with the T&L and Hyper-Z disabled at the software level (unlike the VE, where they weren't built into the chip). The final model was the Radeon 7500 (R150), which was based on a 0.15 micron manufacturing process (R100 used a 0.18 micron process) and clocked considerably higher than the R100.

So my bad, it was the 7000 that had the T&L missing. I actually had a 7200 for a week or so, but returned it and picked up a 7500 because I wanted the TV out.

(and one little correction to that quote above - the 7500's core is actually an RV200. It's a stupid name; R150 would've been better.)

BTW: This post has been snipped of a 300 word 5:30AM ramble about my history with my 7500. You're welcome-in-advance for having not wasted 5 minutes of your life.