1.00 GB of ram

ATI Radeon 8500 128mb

40 gig hard drive

logitech mx510 mouse

logitech internet navigator keyboard

Gigabyte pentium 4 titan series GA-8PE800 motherboard

I use the on board sound

with 5 fans inside my case(all I had room for) to keep the pc cool as possible

I have ran Anthlons before but when I did my research for my pc this time I found that the pentiums like 2.4 actually runs at speeds 2.4 but the athlons like the 1800 would run at a speed like 1.5 not a 1.8 like most think. So I felt they are pulling the wool over alot of peoples eyes. Maybe thats why they are cheaper then the pentiums.

I have ran Anthlons before but when I did my research for my pc this time I found that the pentiums like 2.4 actually runs at speeds 2.4 but the athlons like the 1800 would run at a speed like 1.5 not a 1.8 like most think. So I felt they are pulling the wool over alot of peoples eyes. Maybe thats why they are cheaper then the pentiums.

Cycles per second isn't the only way to measure processor speed. A 2400+ Athalon is pretty much equivalent to a Pentium 2.4 ghz. It has to do something with differences in chip design.

Athlon 2800+

Asus A7N8X-X (nForce 2) Mobo

120GB Maxtor drive (very quiet device, I must say)

SBLive! 5.1 Sound

Altec Lansing ATP3 2.1 Speakers that I don't get to use because nobody else in the house appreciates explosions or my taste in music.

512MB PC3200 godknowswhomadeit RAM

ATi Radeon 7500 that I have to run at 640x480 to get decent framerates on (though I find low res makes the shock rifle easier to use ;))

The cheapest laser mouse Logitech makes

A yellowing Hewlett-Packard keyboard on which I must use the arrow keys to move, as WASD have to be hammered on to work.

RCA Headphones from Wal-Mart

A floppy drive taken from a wasted 486-SX.

Noname microphone that hasn't worked since last year.

Case cooling with four fans ripped from broken power supplies and hack-wired with a lot of electrician's tape.

A bag of cotton taped to the inside to keep noise down.

Foam.

Dust..

I'll stop now.

Maybe thats why they are cheaper then the pentiums.

Google the "megahertz myth". If there's any reason that AMD processors have been cheaper it's because Intel has such a big name that without a very obvious advantage (Money talks!), nobody would even look at AMD.

My rig is a ABS Ultimate X5.

P4 3.0GHz 800MHz FSB w/HT

Intel 875P mobo

1 gb Ram

(2) 120 gb HD's

ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 256MB video

Creative Audigy 2 Platinum Ex audio

Logitech Z680 speaker system

Logitech MX700 cordless mouse/keyboard

Antec 480W PS

That is the stuff that matters.

YOU HAVE TOO MUCH MONEY!!!

I'd have a 4.5ghz cpu with 4xraptors and x800XT with 4gig of ram if i had too much money. ^_^ I get a lot of my stuff used, its cheaper and better because theres no luck involved, everything i buy now days is pretested from the previous owner :D

Ruff_Ryder's got a really nice PC

cool I run

AMD 2500+

768 Mb Corsair XMS DDR333

ASUS A7N8X Delux Mobo

60 Gig Matrox 7200rpm

GF4 TI 4400

SB Gamer Sound card (I know...old)

Altec Lansing 2.1 (never needed anything better)

Radio Shack Headset (its a good one)

Logitech Mx Duo wireless mouse/keyboard

Nostromo n52 gamepad

17"Gateway monitor

16X DVD rom

32x10x40x CDR/RW

Linksys Wireless B lancard

I run UT at 1152*864 with most things set to medium. Runs fine for me. I'm going to OC the 2500--->3200 then get 1 gic match set XMS 400, then a x800 video card when I have money...

Processor: Intel Pentium 4 2.8C

Memory: 1 Gigabyte PC3200 matched Low latency RAM (Corsair XMS 4-4-4-8)

Hard Drive1: Seagate 160GB 7200RPM SATA drive

Hard Drive2: WDC 250GB UATA150

Optical Drive: DVD-R/DVD-RW Drive

Video Card: ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB (I have a ATI X800 Pro on order, waiting on release)

Monitor: Sony 21" CRT Flatscreen

Headphones/Soundcard: Sennheiser PC 155 USB

Keyboard: Microsoft Multimedia

Mouse: Logitech MX 500

Mouse Surface: Gotfrag Eclipse Pad

Case: Shuttle XPC

Internet Connection: Cable Modem

EDIT: I run UT2k4 in 1280x1024 @ 50-60FPS (which is painful, I may drop it down to 1024x768, but that resolution is kinda wierd).

I've got an AthlonXP 3200 sitting around that I need to build a system around, but I'm waiting on the prices to dip a bit more before I bite that bullet.

Rough_Rider: Best headphones for gaming the PC155's from Sennheiser. The Plantronics are almost as good, but they break ALOT. The sound quality on the Audio 90s is terrible in comparison. But bang for the buck, the A90s are a good value. The PC130s from Sennheiser offer better sound, but they don't cup the ears as well. If you want to save a few bucks and have a good soundcard, get the PC150s from Sennheiser (more than the A90s tho).

mobo it7-max2

cpu:p4 3g

video:ti4600

ram: 512 kingston value ram(stuff rox)

hd space: 380g

pimped out caae: www.geocties.com/darkar999/case.html

keyboard:micro natural

mouse: mx510

monitor: viewsonic p815 as primary and samsung 191t as second monitor (yes i use my crt for games and lcd to read cuz no lcd refreshes fast nuff.. and my crt has a 120 hz refresh at 1024x768, since i can see the damn refresh bar if its under 75)

then i got a cpl spare rigs.. that are almost as good.. featuring radeon 9000's and duron 800's and i got another prinston electronics 18 inch flat screen..(ussaly travel with that pc as my main pc is so perdy and i hate undoing the wires that i have neatly tucked and run through my desk.. what can i say i like neat cables.. and i plug my comp into my tv and my stereo so it becomes a hassle....)

and as far as headphones... i dont use headphones unless im playing 1v1 deathmatch because onslaught is like a ffa anyway. but other than that i use 2 pairs of headphones.. first i labtec headphones that i orginally bought to be my main pair but they broke within first trip to friends lan party so i put those around my neck for the mic.. and then i use some panasonic headphones for sound.. (studio quality ya know dj equipment kind)

that being said if ya withing about 1 hour of st louis come lan.. i have them at my place once a month ussaly about 4-8 people and as always BYOC/BYOB

I have a set of .Audio 90s and love them.

Here is a great deal on the Sennheisser PC150s (same as the 155s but no USB connect...reviews on the PC155 say the USB connector degrade the sound quality anyway). There is a link farther down on that page that has a combo deal of the PC150 and the Plantronics DSP 500s which are supposed to be good. Go in on it with a buddy and save a good amount of dough.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00...0536728-0966503