some good pc speakers

lazarus

i got about 150 - 200 dollars to spend

i have the klipsch v2400, VERY nice, but VERY old

i think my subwoofer finally went out after 4 years.

so im looking for some new speakers

i dont want to spend too much, but i want quality.

and im lookin for at least a 4.1 system.

whadda yall think?

I have the Creative Labs Inspire 5.1. There great for quality. here I have there older version but this newer one looks tight. Great quality for only 90$

What sound card do you have? Mine is a Creative Labs Audigy 2 Plat so it goes great with those speakers :D

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

Take a look at Logitech's speaker systems. They have a cheaper system that puts off amazing sound. Can not remember the name of them.

• 2 weeks later...
Take a look at Logitech's speaker systems. They have a cheaper system that puts off amazing sound. Can not remember the name of them.

I couldn't agree with you more; Logitech's line of speakers are excellent.

I own a 2.1 setup from them very similar to these

Logitech Z-3 Speakers

and they are the best value speakers for the money that i've ever heard.

Like i said though the whole line of Logitech speakers are very impressive.

Logitech Z640 5.1 (If you're gonna play Doom 3 you want these at least)

Logitech THX Certified Z-680 5.1(best 5.1 computer oriented speakers)

(edited)

i know youre probably looking for speaker, since thats what youre talking about :P . but i would divert you to look at these since you have that much money. Seriously if you can try these out someplace, i strongly suggest them. Nothing I have ever listened to, excepting certain car audio(since the aucoustics in cars are unbeatable for dynamics) systems, has ever come close to this. My roomate has a serious Logitech system that he got for around the price you're looking at. When he put on my headphones(which he hadnt believed for a second to be better) he was amazed by the quality of sound. He then asked to borrow them whenever i wasnt using them so he could play the same game he had been with the speakers.

unbelieveable. if you cant try them, go with the speakers, since you wont be able to drop 100 on headphones and then be happy without the really nice speaker system you wanted. They do offer a set with a mic attached....but i cant find that one. It may be a custonm desgin that ive seen, but nonetheless, they can be found.

*edit*

if youre worried about bass response and treble levels, take a look at the specifications. they'll match most of what is out there. seriously...for instance the recommended

Doom3 logitech Z640 5.1 ones go from 25Hz-20000Hz;

where as the MDR-V600 goes from 5Hz-30000Hz

the Logitech THX Certified Z-680 5.1 is the same as the above logitech.

Creative Labs Inspire 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System (6-Piece) : 40Hz-20000Hz

seriously, if youre looking for the best of the best, look at your favorites rock group in studio. they will use Sony MDR-V600 or MDR-V900 almost exclusively. The V-600 is considered the studio standard for recording and such. If you have these, the producer will think you at least know something.

*reedit*

after looking at those Logitechs, I realized which one my roomate had. It was the Doom3 Recommended one(recommended by birdman, not the company itself :P ).

Edited by jane

Jane, for listening to music I wouldn’t doubt your suggestion of those Sony headphones. I myself own some great Sony headphones I use from time to time.

However, for current and future games rear channel speakers are a must. The Sony headphones you mentioned can't accurately reproduce a rear field of sound and so I couldn’t recommend them for a serious gamer in place of a setup that consists of at least a 4.1 traditional speaker setup.

I challenge anyone that has never tried playing a newer game with a 4.1 or 5.1 system to do so. A properly setup surround sound system can't be lightly dismissed by any serious gamer looking for an edge. I recently played some newer games on a friend's 5.1 Logitech setup and must say it was superior in every way imaginable when compared to my 2.1 setup. It may take a lil' work to get all the wires plugged in correctly, windows drivers setup, speakers placed, and volumes balanced but the time is worth it. The sounds produced from even a low level surround sound system really help to get your mind even deeper into a game.

Of course there are tons of other factors that go into a "good" sound system, but a good way to start is with a multichannel setup.

If you find a reason to want a 5.1 surround sound setup from headphones then I would suggest you look into thesePioneer Dolby 5.1 Headphones. Of course with a suggested price of 400 bucks most people are gonna overlook a setup like those pioneers. However, in the age of 500+ dollar video cards I would think that some wouldn’t find such a setup to be completely out of question.

Zalman also offers a 5.1 headphone setup, but I doubt they could match the quality of the pioneer offering.

I think a game such as Doom 3 will really drive home the fact that the sound portion of modern video games will be just as important as graphics cards(if gamers haven’t already figured it out).

When I can afford it next, I am gonna get the Logitech Z-680's (or the equivalent 6.1/7.1's if they are out when I make my purchase). They got great reviews and were comparable to the the Klipsch 5.1's but are cheaper.

When I can afford it next, I am gonna get the Logitech Z-680's (or the equivalent 6.1/7.1's if they are out when I make my purchase). They got great reviews and were comparable to the the Klipsch 5.1's but are cheaper.

True that.

Dang I just got bit by a huge ANT!!! :o

biggest one I've ever seen.

Thought it was a spider, but no it was an ANT!!!!