mic issues

jane

so my mic doesnt work anymore. i have a new sound card and have been using it for a while now, with no issues. but now my mic doesnt work. thought it might be my crappy mic(integrated into my monitor) but i tried a different mic and it wont work......so is this a sound card issue or not? i have all the michrpohone setting not muted, 20 dB on, um what else?.....ive tried plugging it into my old sound card on my mobo; doesnt work anymore since i disabled it....checked bios, found nothing helpful there(to my knowledge). got any ideas? :(

On the master mixer, try going to Options -> Properties -> Recording, and experimenting with the main recording level slider (if present), and the microphone level slider. On my old, crappy sound/modem card if the mic level was too high, it would just blank out. Of course, make sure that the microphone is checked on this page as well.

If you have a Soundblaster Live/Audigy (1/2), you could also try the kX Drivers. They are a bit more complicated than Creative's drivers, have way more power.

mic in built into the monitor ? ive never seen one like that so i dont know what your talking about lol.

Run the headphones from the sounds card, run the mic from the motherboard.

You can control where inputs/outputs come and go from in Control Panel. Have the card selected for Audio, and onboard sound for the Voice.

did i really stump you guys?

alot of us were at FragFest this weekend. B)

---------------------------

DirectPlay Voice Setup

An error occurred during DirectPlay Voice setup.

The error code is 0x80004005.

OK

Windows Error

Windows cannot execute DpvSetup.exe, use Add/Remove Programs control panel to install.

OK

these two errors occured when in control panel. what does this stuff mean? im checking Add/Remove for that stuff.

found the issue almost immdediatyl after i posted that. had something to do with my onboard sound and card sound being crossed. using one for the other and that sorta stuff. lol. thx for your imput guys!