3DMark 04

E.T. phone home

:D

I'd like to see it really stress High end cards too (think unreal engine 3) more than even Doom 3 and Farcry.

I'd also like to see it use all Direct X 8 and 9 demos.

No direct x 7 cards allowed.

I would like to see it take advantage of a 256MB video card too. That is, have textures that fill up the entire 256MB of a video card.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

The results screen and the graph do not add up at all.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

its from Futuremark so i hope it's true :D

as for leaving some in the dark... oh well is what i say. Technology moves on whether you do or not. ( not u specifically Birdman )

-edit-

your F@H team is in danger of being overtaken ! my team's been doing DF (distributed folding) but it ends Oct 1 so we'll be switching to F@H. Extreme team coming through !

as for leaving some in the dark... oh well is what i say.

True. So all the Geforce 4 cards are gonna be out of luck right?

So it'll be from the Radeon 9500 up and the Geforce FX 5200 up?

your F@H team is in danger of being overtaken ! my team's been doing DF (distributed folding) but it ends Oct 1 so we'll be switching to F@H. Extreme team coming through !

Ahah true.

We pretty much have one or two hardcore folders on our team. We have a lot of active members, but the all have 1 or 2 machines. We need more peeps with folding farms like these.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

is there any places around that sell a basic prebuilt for cheep cheap ?

I doubt it.

Wouldn't be hard to setup like 3 motherboards with 1 good powersupply and split it though.

You can buy those threaded rods and spacers to stack the mobos.

Then get some USB keys and install a linux based OS to run folding from without harddrives(or do it all over a network somehow).

I figured up the cost and it would be about 500 bucks for 3 motherboards, 3 1.8GHz Durons, RAM, Power Supply and Heatsinks.

Overclock the Durons to 2.2GHz and you'd have a nice phat stack.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests
Or were you talking bout a CPU, Mobo, RAM bundle for cheap?

I was thinking you meant something specifically for folding.

Looks like all of those rigged up mobo systems are for folding only. Folding farms. Sounds like a waste of hardware to me. :D

Or were you talking bout a CPU, Mobo, RAM bundle for cheap?

I was thinking you meant something specifically for folding.

yea just basic prebuilts, or a site that i can like pick the part i want and they build it and ship me the box.

basically, i want another PC or 2, but they only need 128megs ram, 2ghz amd's and onboard video. Something for folding and mp3's :) If you know a site thats decent hook it up, i priced something out on the egg for around 230 each box but will spend a little more to save me the hassle...

Looks like all of those rigged up mobo systems are for folding only.  Folding farms.  Sounds like a waste of hardware to me.   :D

You would think a little different if you had one of the illness's we fold to find a cure for :) Really, thats what its all about, i work all day and leave my pc on anyways so it may as well be of some use since i do pay the electric bill. I wouldn't mind one bit having 2 more boxes under my desk just folding though, and for mp3's and dvd's so my main can just play games and not be a clutter.

MB PCCHIPS| SiS741GX M863G V1.5 RT

Item# N82E16813185033

$37.00

$37.00

HD 40GB|MAXTOR 6E040L0 72R ATA133 %

Item# N82E16822140133

$47.50

$47.50

CPU AMD|2500/333 ATHLON XP BARTON R

Item# N82E16819103379

$96.00

$96.00

DDRAM 256MB ADATA|32Mx64 DDR400 %

Item# N82E16820211118

$40.00

$40.00

CASE SCASE|PC-132 BG 350W RTL

Item# N82E16811154018

$24.00

$24.00

tax: $.00

subtotal: $244.50

1 year extended warranty fee: $0.00

Shipping & Handling: $24.96

Grand Total: $269.46

on the way. woot i got a barton !

2500 / 256meg ram / cheap everything else.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

Sis's stuff is usually middle of the road performance, sometimes near the top and low cost. They are well known for their rock solid performance and not always the most features. They are at the top of the latest Athlon 64 chipsets. What hurts them is that the top Motherboard makers do not use them. You do not often see Asus, Abit, Gigabyte or MSI boards with SIS chipsets. Maybe once in a blue moon.