Adelphia Cable Hookup on 8/13

Guest zerodamage

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

I should be getting cable hooked up tomorrow (Friday) 8/13.

It has beena long road the past 3 weeks dealing with Adelphia though. Over 3 weeks ago, I called and was told a survey would be done to see if Cable could be run to my home. I was told that I would receive a phone call but never did well after the 10 business days. So I called them on Last friday, he told me I could get it and I would get a call on Monday with a time for someone to come out and set it up (Run the cable, burry it, etc).

Monday evening comes around, I hear nothing so I call and they do not have me in the system. The guy from Friday blew me off or lied or both.

He said my information would be input in the system and the next day I will get a call and a time can then be set up. Tuesday comes along, I call at the end of the day when No call comes in, I get someone else and was told the same exact thing. My name is not in the system. You can imagine I am a little irritated now. Everyone so far has said something and nothing was done. I told him how many times I've called and that he is my 3rd attept to get this done. He now tells me it can take up to 48 hours for this data to be in the system. Well this is Tuesday and the first guy I talked to was Friday, well over 48 hours. I told him I will check back On wednesday about it because I need it set up as soon as possible.

Wednesday comes around, I call up and get a guy named James. (I started writing down at this point everyone I talked to). I told him a brief history as what has happened, he looks and guess what... My name is NOt in the system. Now I am tinkled, I tell the guy he is the 4th person that I have talked to about this and everytime I call it is the same thing. Name not in system. I am not even a paying customer yet and I am getting a run around. He hangs up on me. NOW!!! I am some friggin tinkled off.

I call back immediately and get Faye. I just told her I was just hung up on by James and I am not in the least bit pleased. I gave her a history of what has happened (By this time, I am sick and tired of repeating myself to these idiots). She says, "Well, I can put your name in the system and it can be 24-48 hours before it goes through). I am like "WHAT??" I just told you that this was done on Friday. 96 Hours ago. I tell her I want a supervisor to talk to. I've had enough. She puts me on hold, 10 mins later comes back, says there are no Supervisors. They are All in a meeting. (Yeah, BS). But she says she can then set me up with a time. She gives me Thursday between 4-6 pm. After I write it all down and about ready to hang up, she says, "oh, i am sorry, I can not do Thursday, how about Friday between 12-2pm. I am once again tinkled because that is right in the middle of my work day. I tell her I can not do that but Thursday is a great time. She then goes on a tirade about how she went out of her way to do this for me and now I am being ungreatful. I would have agreed with that nor would I have been tinkled again if she hadn't given me a time that she didn't first confirm before giving it to me. I said fine, 10-2 is fine. She then tells me to make sure that the cable plug is clear in the wall and set up for he to hook this up. Once again, I am tinkled off and asking her there is no cable hooked up in my house. WHich is the reason for the Survey from over 2 weeks ago and that this should already have been done or she should know this with her records. She tells me that this is normall done with a survey. I told her that I was already told that this had been done by the guy on Friday.

She then tells me there is no way for her to see if it has been done and that I can either keep the appointment on Friday or cancel, it is up to me.

Now keep in mind, I am not even a paying customer yet. My thought by now is that they must not want business at all if this is how they treat people.

I kept the appointment, called Customer Service to not only file a complaint but see if she can tell me if a survey has been done and if I can get the phone number to my local office since the only number listed is the national number. I get Brenda on the phone.

Now she tells me to improve service, there is no way to reach the local office unless i want to drive in. Yeah, that is a great improvement indeed. :rolleyes:

I then ask her if the survey has been done because I do not see any ground work showing a cable has been buried. She says she will have to call and get back with me on that. She also says the guy doing the installation can run the cable. I am now thinking, will he be driving one of those trucks that will allow him to get to the top of the Pole on the street to hook this up? She says she will check all of this and then will call me back personal that day (Wednesday). I told her also that I've been treated like crap, hung up on and everything and I am not even a customer yet.

Wednesday comes and goes and no call back.

:bang:

I then call customer service again and get some other woman. I can not remember her name now because to me, they are all the same. Ignorant liars with the worst customer service since Dell Tech Support in India. Anyway, I tell her I was promised a call back yesterday and once again Adelphia has lied to me. This woman tells me that the cable will be run from the "Green Box" near my house. There is on on the corner of my lawn, so that is good news. She tells me that there is no way for Brenda to find out which is why she did not call me back. WELL, THEN YOU CALL ME AND TELL ME THAT!! She keeps trying to spin this and make excuses all the while looking at my notes since Yesterday from Faye above, and you can imagine she filled her notes full of lies about things she did and didn't do. She doesn't really care what I have to say and in reality, I can tell she is impatient and wants me off the phone. She says things that contradict what she previously said about how had to be in the system and blah blah. I told her that I wasn't put into the system until yesterday when my desire for a Supervisor could not be met. She says I am twisting words. At this point I can not contain my anger any longer. Twisting my words? I am so tinkled, I tell her that I expect the cable guy on time tomorrow between 10-12pm and this conversation is over and that this company since the owners skimmed billions, has gone to complete crap in regards to support and service.

I then say goodbye and hang up.

I guess I will follow up on whether this guy shows up tomorrow or not. I am not holding my breath now after all of this.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

They are my only option. I've already decided that if they roll out broadband over power lines that I will get that. Even if it is slower. It will at least be cheaper and I hope better service.

My accounting above isn't complete because it would be 3 times as long to fit in all of the bullpoop.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

They filed bankrupcy last year I think and their owners stole billions from the company.

(edited)
I am not even a paying customer yet. My thought by now is that they must not want business at all if this is how they treat people.

would have gone with that from the beginning. Get DSL, my verizon dsl works awesome 1.5 down/512 up

and Ive read about the Power Lines, awesome idea. I heard it was becoming popular. Also heard it was around anywhere from 1Mbps - 3Mbps, possibly higher. The rural areas now have a hope of gaming One day..... :D

Edited by NOFX

(edited)
and Ive read about the Power Lines, awesome idea.

Yeah, but I don't think it works well at all. :(

Show on Tech TV was talking about it a couple months ago. I think the plan was a good one, but it just doesn't work well(speed wise).

Adelphia sucks for 2 out of the 4 people that I know who have it.

Comcast has excellent internet and cable TV packages(cheap too).

Charter also had good internet, but their cable TV kinda sux.

I haven't heard of anyone around here (KY) that has had problems with their DSL though.

I hope that after all this trouble with the sales department that the service they provide won't suck.

Here's to sub 50Ms ping :D .

Edited by Birdman

(edited)

My experiance and anyone that lives in Radford's experiance with Charter is horrible. About 2 years ago, I had service through charter. I would guess I had about 10-20% up time while at leas 80% of the time it was down. Not only that, but when it did work I would guess my packet loss was somewhere around 30-50%. During the summer when all the kids move back home, it works great.

A good analogy for what they are doing is. Trying to suck a golf ball through a water hose.

Edited by NOFX

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

welll.......

well.................

well...........................

They actually came on time, and hooked it right up.

I am at work now so I did not have time to do lots of testing due to my need to get to work.

I tested on two quick sites the download and upload speeds. Only one worked with upload speed.

My download: 4.5 mb/sec (HOLY SHIZNIT BATMAN!!!)

my upload on the one that worked: 221 K/sec.

But like I just said above, 4.5Mb sec download. Holy crap.

My experiance and anyone that lives in Radford's experiance with Charter is horrible.

I think the big thing about ISP's is that it can vary from neighborhood to neighborhood. Not to mention from City to City.

It's all a game of luck really.

People call Comcast the worst provider ever, but I had them in PA and they were sweet.

You can't tell by company really, it's all about where you live.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

No, the people I dealt with on the phone are the only people you can call, the national call center. SO no, the company's support in general is appalling. Those local to me who do the actual set up my be nice but I will not be calling them.

Yeah we have charter "Expanded" cable for tv. It's up 100% for us. I wish we could get the 3meg internet though :( We are stuck with the city's water and light internet that sucks. My parents said charter was too expensive. 35$ /month for the city one. lame.

No, the people I dealt with on the phone are the only people you can call, the national call center. SO no, the company's support in general is appalling. Those local to me who do the actual set up my be nice but I will not be calling them.

I was talking about actual quality of the connections.

Not the people you call.

But yeah usually all the people with-in a 3 hour radius call one central location and then those people call local service men.

My experiance and anyone that lives in Radford's experiance with Charter is horrible. About 2 years ago, I had service through charter. I would guess I had about 10-20% up time while at leas 80% of the time it was down. Not only that, but when it did work I would guess my packet loss was somewhere around 30-50%. During the summer when all the kids move back home, it works great.

A good analogy for what they are doing is. Trying to suck a golf ball through a water hose.

I hear ya NOFX. A buddy of mine lives down Belspring Rd. (road by the Wal-Mart) and his cable was down for like 8 months straight. He wrote a little program that monitored it so that he had detailed reports to give them and thus got credited a lot of money.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

well I hope I do not lose my cable. I do not have any alternatives and right now, NO ONE in my area has it. I am like the ONLY one. I want the 4.5 to stay mine and mine alone. MUAHAHHAAA.

Now that I have it, I can now play games like UT2004. It was my dial up that prevented me from ever buying these games in the past.