Help

Lunk

I keep getting the following when I try to move files from one pc to another:

"Cannot copy file "filename" : Access Denied"

"Make sure the disk is not full or write protected and that the file is not currently in use"

I've made sure the file is sharable on the network (or so I thought). I need some ideas here all,

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests
I keep getting the following when I try to move files from one pc to another:

"Cannot copy file "filename" : Access Denied"

"Make sure the disk is not full or write protected and that the file is not currently in use"

I've made sure the file is sharable on the network (or so I thought). I need some ideas here all,

Are you trying to pull from another machine and move one from yours to their machine?

Make sure the computer you are downloading to has actually logged into windows. Also set a password and use it. Don't just give unlimited access.

The last thing I can think of offhand is that you can allow others to access but there is another box to check if you want to allow people to make changes to your files.

I always set my computers on the same workgroup and just right click and enable file-sharing for the folders I would like to share. However you might want a firewall going to the net, if you dont, anyone that has your IP has access to those folders :P