Unreal Tournament 2004 - Editor's Choice

I won't believe it until I'm actually playing it, but all of the buzz seems to point to a release this week!

Ebgames predicted that it would be released today (19th), but that you would not be able to receive it until the 21st. Every other gamesite claims that the game will be released on the 21st.

One can only hope! I wanna try out the new vehicles!

-Kor

you noob, you get it as a free download if you already own it.

<Smack> Rubbing my head...or do you want the whole thing so you have it when you need it instead of downloading the thing everytime you have to reinstall for any reason.

And another side note: The interview with the Unreal Creater dude...I can't think of his name right off hand said that he'd like to continue making products like this as long as NVIDIA keeps paying the bills. This means that if more peeps phyically buy the new additions, more money goes to NVIDIA and keeps them happy and open to the idea of future installments.

So, in other words, its a good idea to buy the copy.

Having a hard copy is a good thing when you have a windows based OS.

I have my ut2k4 on dvd and everything else on cds or my other drive because I know my windows xp will eventually crash. *cough* *cough* hehe I guess installing service pack 2 for xp without waiting for them to work out the kinks wasn't such a good idea. Come to think of it, when has MS ever worked out the bugs? :bang:

In the last five years I've had Windows, I've only done a semi-fresh install* once. And that was because of Windows just bluescreened upon starting when I upgraded the CPU, RAM, and Motherboard all at once. In fact, I still have the original five year old install (upgraded from Windows 98 -> XP -> XP SP1) sitting on a drive with only a power supply missing to get it booting again with the old mobo/cpu (*me hopes to win DH's new draw*).

You just have to know how to make Windows purr. ;)

*It was a clean install on an empty partition, but nigh everything was copied back - nearly all files and most of the registry - resulting in not much more than a driver wipe.

Two Words: Remote Administration.

And to get back on topic, I'm looking through the source files of the new ONS vehicles...they look like they're gonna be fun.

From the ONSMortarShell class:

Speed=4000.000000
   MaxSpeed=4000.0
ExplosionEffectClass=class'ONSArtilleryGroundExplosion'
AirExplosionEffectClass=class'ONSSmallVehicleExplosionEffect'
Damage=250.0
DamageRadius=660.0
   MomentumTransfer=575000
   bNetTemporary=False
   Physics=PHYS_Falling
   bIgnoreTerminalVelocity=True
   MyDamageType=class'DamTypeArtilleryShell'