Quake IV

Crowbar

Quake IV has been announced and PC Gamer gave it 10 pages in their last issue. It is, of course, being developed by ID Software, and will be using a tweaked Doom III engine (hence why I put it in this thread). For anyone (not me) who has followed the Quake series, Q4 will be single player focused, and take up the story minutes after Quake II ends. Also, the multiplayer will support more than 4 players. Looks as good or better than Doom III, but should have much better multiplayer, and the story is supposed to be much more human, giving you a real feeling of being there fighting alongside your buddies.

Possiblly. Return to Castle Wolfenstein was actually don't by a different developer as well but iD had a big say in what did and did not go into the game. I imagine this will be a similar arrangment.

Oh man, I'm gonna have to go back and play Q2 again now. W00T!

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

Well RTCW turned out to be a great fun game. Hope Quake IV turns out just as well. I never really played the Quake series before though.

This worthy of it's own forum?

Eventually, but I'd say Quake 4 is a lil ways off.

A general Quake forum would be coo though.

In the article they talked about how Q4 was gonna pick up where the Q2 story left off, and pick up on Multiplayer where Q3 left off! :=:D

If the multiplayer is as good as Quake 3's then ima be a happy man.

Don't see how current computers can have 16 players on screen in the doom 3 engine with realtime shadows and lighting, but it would be great if they could.