This is not real life.. It is a game admins

Guest DumbRulesPowerTripPoorLosers

Guests

Wow.. I've never seen such a display of taking things too seriously in my life as well as a display of hipocrasy so poor. Played on your server for the first time today.. was on for over an hour when MK5 (he was on this whole time) told me to change my name for some reason. I did not use bad language, was not at the top nor the bottom of the score.. was working with the team, talking no smack. Then I get a lucky streak and they say change your name. I'm like why.. then.. banned permanently. I saw guys getting banned left and right for language that is acceptable on network television in my hour there and also was called I'm guessing what was meant to be a racial slur by one of the GC players. Your actual players talk crap after kills and use language like kiss my a** and bi*ch etc. and there is no problem with that, but when another player uses it and is playing decent.. they are banned. That is poor. I'm only taking the time to write this cause I am just astounded. Please realize that there are other places to play.. about 550 at a given minute, so being banned from your poor annoying rules is not a problem. Thanks

Why was my name not a problem for the first hour I was on the server???

Edited by DumbRulesPowerTripPoorLosers

Mk5
Wow.. I've never seen such a display of taking things too seriously in my life as well as a display of hipocrasy so poor. Played on your server for the first time today.. was on for over an hour when MK5 (he was on this whole time) told me to change my name for some reason. I did not use bad language, was not at the top nor the bottom of the score.. was working with the team, talking no smack. Then I get a lucky streak and they say change your name. I'm like why.. then.. banned permanently. I saw guys getting banned left and right for language that is acceptable on network television in my hour there and also was called I'm guessing what was meant to be a racial slur by one of the GC players. Your actual players talk crap after kills and use language like kiss my a** and bi*ch etc. and there is no problem with that, but when another player uses it and is playing decent.. they are banned. That is poor. I'm only taking the time to write this cause I am just astounded. Please realize that there are other places to play.. about 550 at a given minute, so being banned from your poor annoying rules is not a problem. Thanks

Let me try to break these up into points...

Wow.. I've never seen such a display of taking things too seriously in my life as well as a display of hipocrasy so poor.

I suggest you read the got banned rules before you post anymore:

http://www.gamrs.co/forums/in...p?showtopic=303

Played on your server for the first time today.. was on for over an hour when MK5 (he was on this whole time) told me to change my name for some reason.

Not only did I tell you ingame but I also told you over webadmin three times with the usual "<name> please change your name, we do not tolerate offensive or inappropriate names on our servers. You have one minute to comply.

To which you did not respond until I slapped you a few times and froze you.

I did not use bad language, was not at the top nor the bottom of the score.. was working with the team, talking no smack. Then I get a lucky streak and they say change your name. I'm like why.. then.. banned permanently.

The last statement is false, you were told why you need to change your name and elected not to.

I saw guys getting banned left and right for language that is acceptable on network television in my hour there and also was called I'm guessing what was meant to be a racial slur by one of the GC players.

So because its acceptable on TV we should allow it on our servers? There are many things acceptable on TV that people are punished for doing in real life.

Your actual players talk crap after kills and use language like kiss my a** and bi*ch etc. and there is no problem with that, but when another player uses it and is playing decent.. they are banned.

This is no doubt the auto-taunt feature being enabled. Each player has control of whether they hear auto-taunts or not. Each player DOES NOT have control of seeing Jewwhatever everytime you die or the map changes and they see the score list. I have auto-taunt disabled because if I banned everyone using it the servers would be empty and plus it is really unnesscessary to hear a taunt everytime you kill/are killed.

That is poor. I'm only taking the time to write this cause I am just astounded.  Please realize that there are other places to play.. about 550 at a given minute, so being banned from your poor annoying rules is not a problem.

What is so poor about it? I try to treat everyone who swears (w/o autotaunt), has a vulgar or inappropriate name, or displays disruptive behavior the same way.

That, to me, seems pretty fair. We realize that there are other servers, in fact if you refuse to obey the rules of our servers and after being warned we will happily encourage you to join a different server by banning you on ours.

Why was my name not a problem for the first hour I was on the server???

Because it took me an hour to notice it because I am going afk off and on until the open-house at my home is finished.

Edited by Mk5

Were it not for the accusations against GC members, all of whom know and embrace the rules of our servers, I would be inclined to take this protest seriously. You can ask any regular on the server if they've ever seen a GC member make racial slurs or use such language; you'll find few supporters.

In the case of banning you when you're doing well...that's the most absurd thing I've ever heard. This server is popular precisely because of the top-notch skill level of the people who play on it. If you're doing especially well, you're exactly what this server and its clients want -- good competition. It is possible that while you were at the bottom of the scoreboard that nobody noticed you (players near the bottom cycle in and out all the time; those who aren't used to the level of play usually don't stay for long), and only after you'd stuck around for awhile and showed that you weren't someone who'd just join for a few minutes and leave did you show up on the radar. Be aware that the Admins all play on this server as well as adminsiter it -- when they're "physically" in the server, they're not watching everybody coming in and out unless they raise any red flags. Perhaps Mk5 didn't see your name until you killed him a few times (would explain why it took an hour or so for him to notice you >8P).

Whatever the reason, the rules on this server are clearly laid out and well-known to all who play here. You would have been given a warning before you were banned, and the fact that you're here means you ignored that warning. If you want to come back, then you'll have to agree to follow our rules. If not, well, to use your own argument, there are thousands of other players who will gladly take your place; you can take a look at ServerSpy.Net's World Server Rankings if you doubt that fact.

Playing on a GC server is a privelege, not a right. We take great pride in the atmosphere of our servers and will do whatever is necessary to keep them clean and fun for everyone. Play by our rules or play somewhere else.

Have a nice day.

-hyperactiveChipmunk

Please realize that there are other places to play.. about 550 at a given minute, so being banned from your poor annoying rules is not a problem.

We are aware of this, go pick one! Have fun!

(my fine friends already gave this topic much more time than it deserves....rolleyes: :P )

Topic closed.