Reserve access

Liltard

LT, I can only speak to CS right now...the game is brand new. You have people that have given $150+ / year that are unable to get into a full server just the same as you.

Do you want your money back?

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

do not worry Liltard and others. At the rate that Tkers and Foul Language users get kicked/banned, just keep refreshing and you will be in within 2 minutes. I have yet to wait a long time to get into a server.

Fatty,

Do I want my money back? Is this the solution?

As this was addressed in the thread regarding the possibility of raising dues I won't drag it out. I simply think we should not be advertising that we have reserve access for members. I hardly think anyone in GC can disagree with this. I appreciate the work of those, such as Chipper, who are trying to implement a system that works for reserve access but the fact of the matter is, it does not exist. As for CS:S, I know it was just released but that does not change the fact that what was/is promised does not exist. I am happy I joined GC. As I said before, I enjoy playing with and against those in GC, on an excellent group of well run servers for multiple games despite the fact that the primary reason I joined was for reserve access. I did not and am not asking for my money back. For all I care you can give my money to Wentz so he can buy a new video card. I am simply troubled that this service doesn't exist and new members joining for the same reason will likewise be disappointed.

LT :bang:

I too am troubled. Sure a solution is to refund your money to you. You seem very dissatisfied with the conditions. It's my offer to make right the fact that we are not giving you what we promised.

Anyone that knows anything about CS knows that reserves don't come without some sort of mod, and the CS MOTD states that they are "coming." We are under construction.

You are completely right. We are not able to give you what we promised. The ONLY way, right now, this very minute, that I can make that right for you is to give you your money back and say goodbye. Don't worry about anyone else joining, I don't expect the problem to last that long, and because everyone goes through me I have a chance to explain to them the current conditions.

I concede the point that we should adjust our advertisements.

Maybe it's your headbanging avatar that makes me sense unhappiness. Maybe it's the ratio of unhappy posts to happy posts that I just happen to read from you that cause me to offer you your cash right away to gain an immediate solution.

Fatty,

Of my 60 posts, only 3 have been unhappy in nature and all were in regards to reserve status. Within these 3 posts, I went out of my way to state how much I enjoy playing with this group of people and on this group of servers. I chose to speak up on the issue of reserve status because it needed to be addressed. Especially in light of a poll suggesting a possible increase in dues. I never suggested, demanded, or implied that this was about wanting my money back or that I preferred to remove myself from GC if reserve access wasn't implemented. This was your suggestion and I don't see how this would solve anything other than to grease the squeaky wheel. This isn't "my" issue. It's an issue for anyone who read the FAQ and was enticed to join because of the reserve access and to everyone, from those paying $25/year to those paying $150/year, in GC.

I enjoy being a part of GC, regardless of reserve access, and I appreciate the work that those, most notably yourself, do to make it a great place to spend some my leisure time.

I apologize that my posts were taken personally as I feel they must have been to have it suggested that my money be given back and I just leave.

As for the avatar, it's not demonstrating anger or frustration. It's demonstrating being dumb.

LT :bang:

I <3 liltard :D

Always fun playing wif joo. And I think you've raised an excellent point here... like Fatty said, we're under construction. Waiting is the name of part of this game... or something like that which doesn't rhyme quite so... gaily.

I like it when problems get resolved this way (but please, I don't want to see you kiss and make up). I hate how little issues can be blown out of proportion because tones are misconstrued do to miscommunications over messageboards.

Personally, I try to convey my tone with html tags like <sarcasm></sarcasm> and such.

Soon after the SDK is released for CS:S, there will be reserve availability. Won't be any until then, unless someone makes a hlsw style server monitor that will do it. Those exist for COD and BF servers, but dunno myself if they'll work with CS:S.

As for UT2k4, what are we running or trying to run? That's been out long enough that there would seem to be a solution. I'm willing to help get this working if need be. Just would like a start on what's been done.

I'll check around the forums here for that......