UT2K4 - Primeval on the MOBO II rotation

Guest Squish

Guest Squish
Guest Squish
Guest Squish
Guests

I can't stand Primeval and I know there are many others that feel the same way. On the other hand, there's many who enjoy it. Any chance you could run a poll to see what people think about removing it from the MOBO II rotation? I must not have privileges to post a poll on this forum; otherwise I would have just created it myself.

We hear you dude and we understand that most people don't like the two rush maps. However they serve as practice for our /-=GC=-/ members participating in the TWL 6v6 ONS ladder. If we have a match comming up with either Frostbite or Primeval as one of our maps then we will throw that map into the rotation. And we do have an upcomming match with a huge chance of having Primeval as a map.

It will probably be on the server until the end of next week, then we will have it taken off until the next time we must face the hatted rush map.

In the end we ask for your patience, it will go away soon enough....

Thanks for posting up tho, we encourage input from our pubers to improve the atmostpher of our servers...keep the comments comming.

Edited by Brillow_Head

I hate ONS-Primeval and ONS-Frostbite, but for the reasons Brillow mentioned above, I really need to keep them in when we have a match coming up where we need to play them. Sometimes you'll see one of them, sometimes the other...hopefully I will never have to put both (even if we do have both scheduled for some reason, I still might not do it), but I will gladly take them out when we don't have a need to be prepared to play them in an upcoming match. Sorry for the hassle, but in my opinion, as much as I dislike it, it is a valid reason to have them in.

-hC

Guest ManSlaughter
Guest ManSlaughter
Guest ManSlaughter
Guests

I like both maps, personally. I enjoy close quarters and usually do well in those situations. Some of my tactics can be a source of frustration for others I know...zipping around in a manta, lobbing off heads, and ducking around the corner is one of my favorite things to do. I also like that the small maps discourage calculated actions. It's basically just as efficient to go balls out and die as it is to be cautious and thought out. Spider mines do get annoying on Primeval sometimes though. I also love that a team can never get comfortable. Your always on the edge since a match turnaround could happen as soon as that central node falls. Plus there's no redemers. I'd vote to leave them in the rotation just to keep things interesting.

I do sort of miss the whole "strategy" thing on Primeval, but it's still the only map where you can take out the Scorpion and remove the heads of four guys hopelessly trying to charge the middle node.

Actually, I think the only truly bad thing about Primeval is how even if your team manages to hold the central node for a few minutes, it's a lot of work to get to the other team's core unless you happen to find a Manta laying around. That means a lot of rounds ending in OT, and just too much Primeval as a result.

I say get rid of the spider mines and it becomes awesome.  I use them to death on that level, but I know that if I don't, the opposing team will.  I love the close quarters rocket battles though!  Muhahaha.

I hate spider mines! I think that the weapon placement on Primeval is great and the whole map although tiny is really well thought out. But I still hate it.