GTA San Andreas

spiralstairs

• 2 weeks later...

So, are there other motorcycles than just the cop cruisers?? Those are the only bikes I have seen so far. After Vice City, I would hope they would have some new sport bikes in the game, especially since its supposed to be in the hood, gangster type areas.

B0001VGFK2.01.PT06.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Just looks sweet.

Anyone who has played VC and the new one, is the glitch where whatever vehicle you are driving is the one that shows up the most still present?

So I rented the game (for free, thank you Hollywood Video!). Pretty cool. Some things I really like. Bikes are pretty cool, the stats system is pretty cool, graphics are about the same as VC, the new early 90's sports cars (NSX, RX-7) are awesome!

YOU CAN SWIM!!! How awesome of an idea was that? I mean, seriously, who jumps into water and just says "oh crap, water! Welp I might as well just drown now!" Also, if you do manage to get around the blockades at the beginning (swimming is the key here!) you automatically get 4 stars, like illegally crossing the border or something! :blink:

Things I have noticed that I do not like - language is a tad bit strong (although funny in some cases), graphics have a hard time loading fast enough to keep up, the speed blur (which was in VC) can not be turned off in this one, some spots are just pitch black even with brightness turned all the way up, stats going away over time is annoying. Could the designers really not remodel the Ferrari car (Cheetah in game) from VC to this one?! And why does the main character look like a black Tommy Vercetti?? They just put new facial features and made him black... And they should not have touched the radar! It's so freaking hard to tell what is a mission point and what is a food place, and the blue dots are just impossible to see. Took me 10 minutes to figure out where to go when I lost the dude on the bicycle at the beginning! :rolleyes:

Overall, seems like a good game. But when I think GTA, I think of missions and the ability to just run amock in the city. This game doesn't really allow you to do that too well. I want straight out action in my GTA game, not having to run to the gym every few minutes to work out again so I can keep my strength, and then having to run to a food place to eat. Just doesn't seem to follow suit with the other GTA games.

Nice game, nice ideas, but I wouldn't label it as the best game ever.

Edited by General J

i thought the stats was a really interesting twist to the gta series. i liked it a lot, gave a bonus and an obvious way to see some improvement in handling besides just your fingers.

i dont mind the stats going down or anything like that. i maxed out my stamina pretty quickly and then did the same for my muscle. now i run pretty constantly and that keeps my stamina up and every once and a while(a week or so) i stop by a gym and bump my muscles back up..not really hard on that intrusive. as for eating, i barely ever eat. just wastes time unless i'm bored or hurt. i save it enough to no make me worry about it.