awp?as?

Mk5

I just wanted to sound people out on what they would think of either removing the ability to buy an AutoSnipe(AS) or awp or both from recrude OR having another server where they are removed.

Personally I find it takes a great deal more skill to be successful with an awp than with an autosnipe, with an AS I just point and hold down the trigger until they die which is something I would expect more of ut2004 than cs.

auto sniper is worth every penny....it's heads and shoulders expensive because any idiot can kill with it.

Great, change your game to get that gun from him or just eliminate him.

Just think if nades actually did what nades should do (disable/kill anyone near)...and they cost 5k each in the game...i'd save for em...and people would want them banned.

First, I don't know if we can restrict weapons yet...but second, my vote is NO. We never restricted the AWP....which is another gun that forces you to change your methods.

With smoke and flashes as they are now (improved), we should work at ways to defend against these guns, not remove them.

Played aztec one too many times as a T, eh Mk5. (Where all the ct's buy the autosniper and just wreak havoc on the t's).

I agree with ya, they have gone crazy with the autosniper. I don't care how much it costs. It does make a map lame when half the other team has them. And you keep takin' a beatin' round after round.

I actually dislike the autosniper more than the awp. No skill to using it.

Oh well, just part of the game.

I'll just continue being the purist. And using the Scout.

Now all run & hide from the SCOUTMASTER :laughcry::laughcry:

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

The Autosnipes used to suck because they were horribly accurate and cost the most. Now they are actually GOOD and are worth the money. So I vote NO. Ther are ways to get around them. Flash if up close, Smoke if at a distance.

As for the crown of Scoutmaster.... I am working on taking that crown.

Played aztec one too many times as a T, eh Mk5. (Where all the ct's buy the autosniper and just wreak havoc on the t's).

I agree with ya, they have gone crazy with the autosniper. I don't care how much it costs. It does make a map lame when half the other team has them. And you keep takin' a beatin' round after round.

I actually dislike the autosniper more than the awp. No skill to using it.

I agree 100% lunk, I even use autosnipe but there is something seriously wrong with a gun that allows me (a cs noob) to mow down 6 people at long range with one clip of ammo.

Yeah, i absolutely hate the AS. Awp has always been the awp. As for the AS, i'd push for anything except banning it. There isnt really a strat for it tho (talking about aztec). Smoke works long range on some maps, as for aztec, specifly the bridge...the t side is just too clustered to make use. With 30 bullets you can just spam it and kill the time the smoke gives coverage. I forgot what i was writeing , its late, ill edit it tomorrow.

Last night I played T on aztec, and yes it was brutal. However, we'd have to figure out a way to ban it just one one map, etc. Not sure if we can even consider it right now.

Actually, we should be able to remove it now if that's what people want...we have shields removed, don't we?

There just isn't enough recoil with the rapid firing - making it the gun of choice if you plan to sit back and snipe. I never buy them and I hate nothing more than being killed by one... but I don't think we should take them out.

Speaking of shields, I didn't think they were even in Source... I guess just because I really only play on Recrud. I only played 1.6 for a couple weeks, did shields ruin game mechanics? Just wondering why we don't have them in the game.

LT :bang:

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

There are NO shields in Source. Valve removed them because they seriously ruined the game.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

I would rather we not remove the AS in any of the maps. I've never liked it when the few who didn't like a weapon to have it removed. It impacts gameplay all around.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests
Does this mean we'll see you playin' as a CT more than a T on aztec? :D

I auto on every map I join. The T are usually on the losing team so that is usually the Team I am on because.... well....... I am a loser. :)

Mk5

Heres a perfect example of what is wrong with this gun...all of these were kills by me, all with one clip of ammo and all within 15 seconds. BTW this isn't aztec.

as1.jpg

Edit: One of these is ZD and one is Toka or mag (or both?)so its not like I was fighting noobs.

Edited by Mk5

But if you spent 6 or 7 grand on a gun (can't remember how much it is, maybe 5?) wouldn't you expect it to work?

What if they imported the BFG from Doom2 and charged 15grand for it. I'd hope someone on our team was saving!

Moreover....what about the para? Isn't that rediculous? SHouldn't the para do this to a hallway and beyond?

There are real guns in our world that take out people....even a line of people.

I say silly T's for rushing at you without using some sort of counter measures.

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

You n00b with that AS. Put it down and fight like a man!! lol

As for the para. It is still an inaccurate piece of crap. I pick up an MP5 before I would pick up a para.

Edited by zerodamage .gc