Why I love Piranesi

I love Piranesi! The map is awesome. I will detail why I like it so much.

Broad Map

I used the term broad instead of big because it really isn't that big. In size it is smaller than cbble. But it plays bigger. One thing is a mixture of 'areas'. You have wide open areas combined with halls and rooms. bomsite A has no less than 6 entry/access points and Bombsite B has 3. T's NEVER get the feeling of being pinned in. The simplistic T strat of a full rush works well since there are so many avenues. Yet good stratagies (retreating and alerting) by the CT's makes the full rush less than invincible, to put it mildly. So it has great hall areas (my favorite fighting area) combined with good sniping and assault positions.

Looks Great

Maybe this is a holdover from original CS but, IMO, this map looks better than any other. Great architecture and texturing combined with good terrain implementation (making up stuff here ;)). But really... any map with inflatable boats is the bomb (thinks fondly of cs_docks)

Lots of Avenues

I touched on this one earlier but this one is the main thing for me. Played dust last night as T. Sure you can rush left and hope the CT's have underdeveloped fish arms and don't utilize the FB... or sure you can camp T side and hope the CT are as stupid or overconfident as King Kong in an ape hatchery (no, Im not that stupid) and rush into your well laid ambush. But other than that you are left with 'bridge'. Sure you can settle for map crap like dust if you want, but here is where Piranesi shines! T's have MANY options. But they have to be careful because that can come back to bite as well. Say you go through the DD to A, but you HAVE to occupy the top tier or you will get picked off. You can rush B but the ledge combined with the other entry make for a nice T soup maker.

Say Ts arent really working together much. It is still fun. You can go a lesser travelled route and hopefully make it over to CT side undetected. Then you can suprise a few of them. Even if you meet resistence, it is usually small seeing as there are so many ways to cover. And I love fighting when the 'predefined battles' are gone. CT or T's could come from any direction. Makes it much more intense. And, I admit my depraved desires, it offers me the chance to shoot some backs. The ultimate in CT combat.

So now that I have totally obliterated the anti-piranesi sentiment. Go crawl in a corner and cry and blow your nose. Or better yet, get on piranesi and have some fun.

And to the admin who keeps changing the map whenever Piranesi comes up... I hope you have shed your 'runshootreloaddienostrategy' primitive ways and join the movement of light. The grand and greatest and glorious creed of honorable CS tradition which is the proud piranesi pantheon!

uh, yeah. So post why you don't like piranesi.

wow, you seem to have thought that one out.

Yes, there are many ways around the map, and my blood has been over every square foot of it.

I die there more than anywhere it seems, but then again, I stink, and it seems no matter how hard I try, I'm not getting better. What really ticks me off about ANY map is when shots don't register,i've been laid waste so many times after empting 1/2 my ammo in someone just to fall to one or two well placed(or not) shots.

Ok, getting off subject a bit, the problem with Piranesi for me is that I like to play CT, and it seems very difficult to be on that side, alot of times no one is planning, just split up and die, where on other maps, it's easier to communicate a plan without so many variables involved. Like at Piranesi if you said go to B, you'd be like, ok, which way, gotta map?

But, I don't mind playing on it since I die no matter where I play.

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests

It plays too big, you can get shoot from far too many places and falling back is near impossible. There's far too many places where you have 5+ places you can be shot from at all times, espeacilly in a pub atmosphere..