Portable DVD Player Advice?

gOOters

Christi and I are thinking about buying ourselves a portable DVD player for Christmas. Any suggestions?

Requirements (in order of importance):

1. Plays burned DVDs.

2. Is reliable, will last a long time.

3. Headphone Jack.

4. Hopefully a reasonable price?!

5. Screen size.

ya, just discovered that aspect at Fry's. We liked these Panasonics, but they cost $400-500. We were just about to buy when I though about maybe adding a different drive to her Dell Inspiron 2650...thoughts? We would still want it to play DVD-R. Is it difficult to switch drives on a laptop?

ya, just discovered that aspect at Fry's.  We liked these Panasonics, but they cost $400-500.  We were just about to buy when I though about maybe adding a different drive to her Dell Inspiron 2650...thoughts? We would still want it to play DVD-R.  Is it difficult to switch drives on a laptop?

Negatory. Or atleast with Catriona's IBM, you just release the drive, pull it out, and plug in the other drive you want in. She switches between her 3.5 and CD-Rom all the time, no problems. Check out the manual, it should show you how to do it.

Or go for something like this! External would be easy. Only bad thing I have noticed is the AC plug. I don't know if they would just run off the laptop battery or not.