mx500 upgrade to mx510?

i am trying very hard to blow my christmas money, and i'm thinking about upgrading my mx500 to mx510. is this a complete waste of money. i know the specs are better, but for real life gaming would i even notice a difference?

so basically has anyone done this upgrade, and how do they feel

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests
Meh i wouldnt waste your money.

just a slight increase in resolution, and a bit better acceleration isnt worth the $

I would spend it on somthing else.

more ram?

dvdr?

or even send it to me! :-D

You have mouse accel on? Jeez, that explains a whole lot.. I wonder how many of you do.

I love my MX510, to stay on topic.

edit: Could somebody make a poll with poll making powers along the line of:

Do you use mouse accel?

1- Yes

2- No

3- Whats that?

Thanks.. :)

Edited by PDO

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests

Easy to find out if you're using it or not..

Put your mouse on one end of your mouse pad and put your x-hair on a landmark. Slowly move your mouse across the pad the entire way. Now quickly move it back. If your x-hair is in the same landmark, you're fine, if its gone way past it.. you have mouse accel. That's bad. :].

Mouse Accel sucks. If you try to snipe or do flick shots, you're going to overshoot.

MX510 is better than the 500. But you won't notice unless you have perfect aim. 800dpi vs 1000dpi is a fairly small difference.

http://gear.gotfrag.com has the 310 and 510 for decent prices. (note the 310 has only 3 buttons, vs the 510 having 5). The 510 series also comes in sexy red or cool blue. 8P)