Im happy now..

Batman

Ok i have CS:S runnin really really good on my machine now.. I tried an autoexec from Gond but it didnt make it run better, only made it look bad...

I have everything on pretty much medium in game, and my card is totally set to quality with aa af set to app prefrence.. It looks good but the fps were from 40-80 120 if my face was up to a wall.. WELL somewhere, maybe here in the forums i read that someone turned on there fsaa in cs from the video settings it improves performance (going against what one would think) so i turned mine to 4x and it REALLY improved my fps!!! I just played in DOH's server aztec with my fps staying from 80-100!!! Someone else needs to try this and see if im crazy or not..

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

FSAA is the same thing as AA. There are no differences in the meaning. Batman is just trying to confuse everyone. :-P

I've been messing with my video settings since I have a problem of video stuttering and the flashing light on prodigy, and I found that by forcing my vid card to run at 8xS Anti Aliasing I actually get a little better fps than none at all.

I did this with the nVidia options instead of in-game. I still don't get why your fps goes up with a higher quality setting :unsure:

(edited)

No, outside of the game on your graphic card settings, set your aa and af to 'application preference'.. Then in game in the video settings turn aa on, i set mine to 4x and it looks good.. Everything else in my CS:S except for my key settings is unchanged from install.. Well i take that back, i changed some of the video settings, everything is default except 4xaa and im using triliniar filtering..

LOL i knew i read that somewhere urk?!? here is the original post i saw that got me to try it... urk?!?'s original post..

Edited by Batman