de_islandnation

Decoy

(edited)

I told a few people that a friend and I were going to work on a map together. It was about a week ago in the Project Mayhem server... We were playing nuke. Well, we plan on making this map look amazing. We want it to shine, we want it to look real, we want it to live forever! Well, something like that anyway.

As much of a description I can give you so far is:

The map consists of a mansion on an island. This is a bombsite map, and a bombsite will both be inside and outside of the mansion. The terrorists spawn outside of the house, inside of a guardhouse and at the docks. There will be an underwater entrance, and a drop down entrance, inside the gaurdhouse, into the basement of the house. In one of the rooms in the basement will be a bombsite.

The Counter Terrorists will spawn on a deck on the second floor, overlooking the second bombsite. The second bombsite will be behind the house (the terrorists spawn in front of the house) in a fenced in area. This fenced in area will only be accessible by going through the house. The CTs will be able to drop down into the bombsite, and we are planning on making the bombsite in the basement accessible to both sides at the same time.

At the moment, there will be 3 entraces into the basement:

One from the passageway underground

One through a basement door outside

One through a basement door inside

There will be 5 entrances into the house:

Two windows will be open

Two Doors will be open

And the last will be the entrance from the fenced in area

Now that I have explained that all... Here are some beginning pictures:

courtyardsm.jpgguardhousesm.jpg

undergroundsm.jpghousefrontsm.jpg

Edited by Xonoxide

...well, they'd be deprived of all senses, wouldn't they?

*AHEM*

Yes, I will snipe him, snipe him dead.  A lot.  ...and make him pay...

...and then turn on my anti-hax, and die many, many times in a dumb, dumb fashion.

You, sir, lie about sniping me!

de_xanadu0002.jpg

The sink is all over the place. Especially in the two official HL2DM maps.

The bowl and faucet are a prop model - the base is a simple world brush, or a func_detail / func_wall brush.

Am I not right, Xonox?

...and I'm sorry about the lying... ...have some patience, and when I get my PC back, and up to snuff, I will redeem myself by doing what I said I would.

Edited by Norguard