Sweetness!!!

I started steam up at 7:30 tonight and got the message where Steams new years resolution would be to give us updates :) I'm looking forward to the maps, bots, etc that are coming :) Hopefully they will keep giving back to the community :)

I think they can pull it off. They have been pretty good about released updates on time after they announce them. Just not games... or releasing things that people want...*

*note: I'm not saying people don't want bots but people also want more popular maps, skins, hitboxes fix.

Edited by VooDooPC

They did say they would release the bots back in December along with a new map.

But this time, they're actually giving us a date!

And the author has made a post reguarding the Update in the TRS forums:

It's true - the CS:S Bot is on it's way next week.

We've listened to lots of feedback on the CZ bots which helped direct our development efforts for the CS:S bots.

Overall, I think you'll find the CS:S Bots to more challenging, as they "understand" a bit of more of the strategy of CS.  A few of their improvements include:

- Their tactics have improved, particularly rushing and defending against an enemy rush

- Their "attention" system is more human-like: They can fail to notice enemies that are partially hidden, crouching motionless, etc.

- They are much better at throwing and responding to grenades

- They handle ladders better, especially in groups

- They react to enemy snipers more intelligently, and warn their friends

Also, the Navigation Mesh system has been greatly extended resulting in improved movement for the bots, and greater control for human nav mesh tuners.  For example, you can directly edit ladder information now.

There are several other minor features and tweaks as well.  We hope you enjoy the new CS:S Bots!

-Mike

- DEAD

Edited by dead_bwoy

Bots? as in..stand in, active when the server is low on people bots?

i hate bots, no matter how well they try to make it so bots might "miss" you when your hiding, they still see you, and god forbid a bot gets a sniper rifle, because bots don't have aim problems, it's always this, dead center shot that you can't match. (unless your haxoring like K-wix does :P)

Bots? as in..stand in, active when the server is low on people bots?

i hate bots, no matter how well they try to make it so bots might "miss" you when your hiding, they still see you, and god forbid a bot gets a sniper rifle, because bots don't have aim problems, it's always this, dead center shot that you can't match. (unless your haxoring like K-wix does  :P)

They shouldn't have hacks like K-Wix, depending on the level in CS:CZ, the bots could miss 90% of the time or be dead on all the time.

Edited by VooDooPC

Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guest PDO
Guests

Bots would only be activated when you're in a server by yourself. It's very solid practice if you want to work on specific guns.

Trust me man, i bow to your famas skills, it's become my favorite CT gun, but i'd like to point it out, that i knew about it before k-wix started using it, yeah thats right, i was all like "hey..this gun works great" but no one listens to me, because well, it's me :P^_^

and solo bots would be nifty, kind of an unreal tourny thing.

excpet if you died...at the beginning of a level, and you ahd to wait for the bots to finish.