no cpu clock ratio setting in BIOS

Gabe

(edited)

Hey all, I got a ASUS P4R800-V Deluxe motherboard with a pentium 4 3.0ghz HT 800mhz and Iam probeblly just dumb but I got no cpu ratio setting, look here, these are pictures of my motherboards BIOS http://www.firingsquad.com/media/gallery_image.asp/187/23

They have that setting yet I dont, also there they can raise there vcore voltage more then I can, what the hooters!!!!! :=

Edited by Gabe

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

There may be a bios update you will need to do. Could also be another setting like that "Performance" option that needs to be put on manual or expert which will open up the ratio option for you.

well, with the stock bios it wasent there, also with the latest non-beta/alpha bios it wasent there, and now I have the latest beta bios thats out and its not there, and I have the latest chipset drivers also :(

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests

Intel CPU's are not known to have changable multiplier settings. You may have one that is locked that way.

Yeah i knew that my cpu's multiplier was locked BUT i found that if i up my fsb i can oc the chip that way.. So im stuck with 11 for my multiplier but i can set my fsb up 1 mhz at a time from 133-266 something like that...

Hmm, ic. my PC seems to freeze or restart when I set my ram on ddr-400 in my BIOS, also I cant overclock anymore then 3.41 ghz, if I go higher it eather freezes on the boot-up or my monitors just dont turn on, I usally just have to hold down the button and turn the pc back on and I guss it puts something back to default so it works, I have the value select of corsair pc3200, 2x512's running in dual channel mode