Termanal services login problem

Gabe

(edited)

Hey everyone, I got a server running windows 2000 server edition and I use termanal services to log in and manage it, but when I try loging in, I get this error message:

error.gif

The only way I can fix the problem is just doing a hard restart on the computer, since its in the next room over, it doesent have a monitor though, when you log out of termanal services, should I goto Start>Shutdown>disconnect then ok, or insted of using disconnect should I use "log of gabe" opition? this is all in that drop down box that you get when clicking the shutdown button, you get like, shutdown/restart/log of gabe/disconnect, I think thats all of them, please let me know, its getting really anoying, if you guys dont know how to fix it do you know a different program that will give me remote management like this

Edited by Gabe

Well, we can go two ways on this:

1) Fix the problem: Disconnect leaves your session open but terminates the connection. Next time you log on using the same logon name, your desktop will be there with the open programs that you left. Log off closes everything out. Either are sufficient to disconnect, but log out releases the session. Depending on your licensing scheme for 2kserver and what mode the OS is running in (Remote Administration or Application Server). Try logging on remotely as administrator. If that works, and it sounds like it may, you have been using disconnect too many times and Windows has not been properly reconnecting you to your last session, or too many user names are active on the server. The administrator account overrides this (there is always an Admin slot) and then you can go into the Terminal Services Manager and kick all the abandoned TS consoles. that will allow you to access the server using Gabe again.

2) Try VNC (http://www.realvnc.com). There's a free edition, and it used to be the premiere way to do things. You won't have the integration you have through TS, but you don't have to worry about open consoles.