play while net is down?

Guest Deputy Dawg

Guest Deputy Dawg
Guest Deputy Dawg
Guest Deputy Dawg
Guests

Is there a way to play HL2 while your net is down or you are not connected to the internet?

I just bought it over here in Okinawa and the internet sucks.

Any suggestions on how or if it can be done?

Guest Deputy Dawg
Guest Deputy Dawg
Guest Deputy Dawg
Guests

I remember seeing the offline mode but it was not letting me play anyway. Will try it first when I am connected.

While you are online, you have to log into steam and set the config to save your logon info. Then when you start up your computer offline, Steam will pop up and say it can't connect and do you want to 1) retry 2) start in offline mode, or 3) quit.

While you are online, you have to log into steam and set the config to save your logon info.  Then when you start up your computer offline, Steam will pop up and say it can't connect and do you want to 1) retry 2) start in offline mode, or 3) quit.

Yep. That's it right there.

Guest Deputy Dawg
Guest Deputy Dawg
Guest Deputy Dawg
Guests

Thats weird, When steam starts it automatically logs me in, but when my computer is not connected it wont let me play offline. it gives me the option to continue in offline mode but it gives me another error after, will post the error in a few.

Guest Deputy Dawg
Guest Deputy Dawg
Guest Deputy Dawg
Guests
(edited)

well I do not know what the error was but after i clicked on the log on as different user and had the smae settings it let me pay in offline mode.

Edited by Deputy Dawg