Wow.. Unbelievable

Acid-Flux

This is unfreaking believable

HERMISTON, Ore. --

The McDonald's restaurant in Hermiston, Oregon appears to be "outsaucing" customers drive-thru meals.

The restaurant on Highway 395 has outsourced one of the most important jobs at the drive-through window -- order taking.

When a customer drives through, they'll be patched through to Grand Forks, North Dakota to place the order. Why? Because the minimum wage in North Dakota is $5.15, compared to Oregon's $7.25.

Tim Nesbit is head of Oregon AFLCIO. He says this undercuts Oregon's minimum wage by more than $2 an hour.

A McDonald's media relations person in Illinois, where the corporate headquarters is based, never returned a phone call to the AP.

http://www.kirotv.com/irresistible/4141075/detail.html

I've heard of this before. I think McDonald's or some other big fast food chain announced it sometime last year. I can't believe they'd do it though, seems like such a waste. Of course when you call Tech support for major comp/software companies like microsoft you often are talking to someone in India or another country.

Guess we shouldn't be surprised. The ALLMIGHTY Dollar Strikes Again!