Samurize

http://www.samurize.com/modules/news/

Samurize is the popular advanced system monitoring and desktop enhancement engine for Microsoft Windows 2000/XP/2003. IT professionals, overclockers, gamers and desktop modders alike use Samurize for system information, weather reports, news headlines and much much more. And best of all, Samurize is 100% free!

Anybody heard of this? Use it? I figure I'll try it when I get home, it looked interesting and I heard a good thing about it when looking up DVR stuff. On that same note, check this guy out:

http://www.byopvr.com/Sections+index-req-v...-11-page-1.html

PC in a DVD player case. Cool!

Samurize: Yeah, I samurize things all the time....cider-blocks, boards, sometimes even peoples heads....cause I'm a ninja masta...

Seriously...I know there was a thread in these forums somewhere about active desktop and programs similar to this one. It looks pretty sweet though, one of the screen shots even had a gameserver query on the desktop. I'll see if I can dig up that old thread and post you a link.

***Edit*** This is the thread I was looking for, although most of the screens are gone now:

http://www.gamrs.co/forums/in...wtopic=7011&hl=

PVR: That is really neat. Looks like a big pain in the donkey though. Plus you loose your DVD player...although he doesn't need it in the end because he puts one in. If you are looking to integrate your pvr into a rack system, there are lots of cases that are designed with the HTPC in mind now-a-days. Allbeit they are expensive, I think the cheapest one I've found so far is like $100. Most of them even come with an LCD on the front that you can scroll titles of music playing or movies. Definately a nice find though, lots of useful info. He said he is using sage TV which I've heard some good things about. Oh, he also mentions the Hauppage Win-250 TV capture card....from all of the reading I have been doing, that is the best capture card for your money. I think newegg sells it for $130, going for around $100 on ebay without the remote and IR receiver.

Ahh, thanks! I did a search on Samurize but couldn't find it on the board. Sorry for the double-posting.

Yeah, I showed a bunch of people at the office those pics and that's what we all agreed. Though he got a broken DVD off eBay for, like, $13 shipped or something like that, so that's cheaper than a real case...but again, real pain.

I don't think I'm looking to rack-mount, but, you know...it'd sure be nice. You know, if I were not a grad student. ^_^

I think you misunderstand my terminology...not rack mount as in computers, but when I say rack system referring to home audio/video I mean like you see the components all sitting on the same shelf with the same look to them. IE, you can get a computer case that looks like an audio receiver and thus it will match your rack system.