are the servers down?

shep48

We are currently under a Switch problem within one of our main racks in Chicago.

This is causing the servers to show offline at the moment. We have a half dozen

techs on site working to fix this issue as fast as possible. I wanted to make you

aware of the problem so you didnt think anything was wrong with your server

directly. This is the first time we have seen a problem with one of our Extreme

Summit switches and at worse case senario we will get the servers online one way or

another and replace the switch on a scheudled time. Im sorry for the inconvience and

we are doing everything humanly possible to get you back online.

followed by

This email is to update you on the current Chicago Downtime.

We have been informed by our Techs onsite that the XGS Core Router/Switch in our

cage is bad. We have already purchased a new switch " Extreme Summit 48 Porti " as

soon as we found out and we have already shipped it same day prority. The switch

will arrive around 7AM EST tomorrow morning. We were able to get the current switch

backup but I am unsure if it will have any problems or not. So again we not taking

any chances and will have it swapped out tomorrow. So as long as the current switch

holds up you should not have anymore downtime except for in the early morning when

the new switch is installed. I have verified everything is now online and working at

110% and once the swap is completed tomorrow I will send one last email. The swap

will only take about 30 minutes. If there is anymore problems between now and then

we will do our best to limit any trouble you may see. Have a nice evening and if you

have any questions regarding this please let me know.

Today:

We are in the process of finishing the Chicago Router swap out now. During this

period you may see some downtime but be advised there is nothing wrong with your

game server. We will try and get this done as fast as possible. Equinex SLA is 24

hours and we put the ticket in early yesterday when the new switch arrived but they

didnt start it until about a hour ago. So I apoligize for it going down now instead

of early yesterday like we planned. They claimed to be very busy yesterday and

thats why it was not conducted then. Once the swap is final I will send one last

email letting you know it is complete.