Legal Advice

Playaa

So a friend of mine made a mistake of using www.fafsa.com instead of www.fafsa.edu.gov to fill out her financial information. The difference is that Fafsa.com WILL fill out your Fafsa for you, but then it sells your information to 3rd parties.

They say that if you write them a letter telling them not to send out your information they won't, but she's afraid that the letter won't get there in time.

Just wondering if anyone's dealt with this kind of thing before and if so what kind of options does she have if they DO sell her information?

I second that, I know I'm reading this a bit late, but if you still can, send it registered Overnight, that way they get it ASAP. Plus, you will know that they got it. Hopefully it will get to them before they sell the info, and doubly hopefully, they'll keep their word and NOT sell it once they have your letter.

Unfortunately, if they've sold it to even one 3rd party, it will soon be sold to everyone. :(

Here's hoping you get a letter to them in time to stop the madness, and that they honour their promise not to sell the info.

Wolfsblood.