Banned....hmmm

Guest [Fluffy] Lobster

Guest [Fluffy] Lobster
Guest [Fluffy] Lobster
Guest [Fluffy] Lobster
Guests

Time 7:30 PM is, CS Server Dont know which EXACT one, sorry ( Admin said it had been up for 30 minutes), Date 5/1.

My player name [Fluffy] Lobster. Wonid? Sorry again.

Alright, so here is the situation...I get on to this server, the map is italy. A bunch of people greet me, and tell me the server has been online for like 30 minutes...I was like sweet, a new server. At some point I proceeded to use the word "damn" ok...I personally wouldnt classify it as one...but you guys do.

I wasnt kicked for this. I from there proceeded to calmly argue my point. I figured since this was a new server, that maybe I could put in input on some of my pet peeves, and what not. This was my first mistake. I often forget that the server forums are a much better place to do this. And I will use them, as I am now. Anyway...

I did also maybe some tasteless jabs at the men's christian group "promise keepers" But all I'm willing to offer on that topic is that I will leave my religious views out of CS from now on.

I imagine that I was kicked for just complaining. , I don't really know. I'm sorry I did say damn though.

Playing on any CS server isn't a right, I know that, and if i dont want to follow your rules, I can play somewhere else. I would like to play on your server, BUT I don't want to play on it if your admins are going to just kick people off because they don't like oposition. If people are complaining about the rules, or have issues with something, maybe the admins should just suggest that we go to the forums, and leave a message there, instead of just kicking people off. That definetly A) creates animosity, and B) Makes the admins LOOK like they misusing their power. I read through your servers mission, and all of this stuff, and I appreciate your attempt to make CS a more positive place...but kicking people in the face of oposition isnt the answer. The admins involved i think are "fatty", and some stuttering john dude I think was there too.

I'm sorry for using the word damn, sorry for the promise keeper jokes, and sorry for the complaining.

I'd like to be able to play on your server again, but if you don't want me to, then what can I do.

Again I appreciate what you guys are trying to do, but I just don't understand how in that spirit you would meet calm, civil concern and oposition in this manner.

-steve

Sorry but the rules are not up for debate, and it was fatty that banned. I'll give him the mic from there, I'm sure he will have a nice response for you.

My first ban on the west coast!

Ya, calm.

But ya, you talked way too much. You said it yourself....this is a place for discussion. You just wouldn't shut up. I don't care if it's "calm, civil concern..." After I banned you, two other admins present confirmed the move for me.

If you want to play again out there, post up your steamID and we'll celebrate our first West Coast unbanning too. However, with the "I'm sorry for my actions but you need to change" agenda, you might not last long.

We'll see.

Guest [Fluffy] Lobster
Guest [Fluffy] Lobster
Guest [Fluffy] Lobster
Guests

I agree that rules are rules, and again, if I want to play anywhere...they need to be followed.

I can still post views, opinions, and suggestions in the forums without being banned right?

Cause my first suggestion is...that maybe instead of just kicking someone...you could just kindly suggest that the forums are a good place to express concerns, and that any further commentary might get you kicked off. That is all. I bring this suggestion with absolutely no animosity or any negativity what so ever, this is just something that I think might make for a friendlier image of the admins, and happier players overall.

I think my steam ID is 4457075, if thats not right let me know. Thanks again for replying so fast. Sorry for the trouble. Thanks for listening.

Hey there Lobster.... I'm glad you want to participate in our servers but I'd have to agree with Fatty on that one.

As an admin, I don't care for players who join the server and want to try to debate our rules "online" no matter how calm they remain. It's just not respectful to our community. The correct place for the debates is in the forum and there are many there and we welcome open discussion as long as it is polite and considerate.

Still, on the game server, you're a guest in our home. You wouldn't go visit some friend's home and then procede to re-arrange all their furniture in their family room just because it didn't happen to match your particular preference for the room layout (at least I hope you would not).

Without intention to be unkind or rude, I'll point out that with a little more familiarization with our community, our rules and how we run our servers (all such information available through the forums) you would have likely avoided any unpleasant kicks or exchanges. We even have a religious discussion area if you want to talk about Promise Keepers - pro or con. Just remember to be considerate when you express your views - that's only fair.

I don't go on other servers and tell the admins there how to run their servers - in-game. If I did, I would well expect a kick.

I hope you come to know and understand us better and enjoy playing in our servers with the right attitude of mind. Sounds like you might enjoy being there. Just be respectful of the admins and if you really can't stand something toss them a private message or open up a topic to discuss your beef in the forums - just be respectful and polite.

Cranky B)

Guest [Fluffy] Lobster
Guest [Fluffy] Lobster
Guest [Fluffy] Lobster
Guests

Ok I tried to log back on to see if i could, and I think i gave you guys the wrong ID. The ID i posted before I found by looking at some file that someone directed me to when I ask "Where do I find my steam ID. When I tried to log on thoug, it gave me this number, so maybe this is it. Please let me know if you need any other info. Thanks. 1:915774

Cause my first suggestion is...that maybe instead of just kicking someone...you could just kindly suggest that the forums are a good place to express concerns, and that any further commentary might get you kicked off. That is all. I bring this suggestion with absolutely no animosity or any negativity what so ever, this is just something that I think might make for a friendlier image of the admins, and happier players overall.

110% agreement.

Guest [Fluffy] Lobster
Guest [Fluffy] Lobster
Guest [Fluffy] Lobster
Guests

Ok where is the best place to get the ID?

Cranky, this is my official acknowledgement of your post.

It souds like you think we are in disagreement when indeed we are not. I admitted my error in not using the forum for concerns, which I am now doing. I don't intend on going into anyone's house to rearrange furniture. Your guys' rules are your guys' rules, and while playing on your server I will follow them, or face not being able to play there.

110% agreement.

That's because you're not the administrator over anything. Sounds so nice and easy, doesen't it?

How many times have I kindly suggested that our public stay out of the banned forums? Seriously. How long have you been around. What should my next step with you be?

Sometimes a kind suggestion is appropriate...other times, it's not. Some times people need to use their own brain instead of being treated like a child. Some times, at the very first mention that your actions are out of line by those that are in authority over you, some people should just say "okay" and not question things.

Have we made any progress here? I feel like we have TWO people now that are in the "okay but" frame of mind, instead of the "okay" frame of mind.

Hi all,

Fatty is right - being an admin is as much a burden as it is a privilege - perhaps even more so. There are many times when we as admins just want to relax a bit and get our game faces on and instead we are caught up in having to deal with some player who wishes to disrupt the game for everyone or argue with us about our rules and policies. I can tell you that is very fatiguing and frustrating. We want to play the game just as much as the rest of the gang.

Furthermore, we can't just let it slide when someone talks back or argues with us because it creates disrespect and the wrong climate on the server. I can tell you personally as one of the admins with probably the lightest finger on the ole 'ban' button, that I would ban someone faster for talking back to the admin than for other infractions. (Please note this is NOT in reference to Lobster - just a general comment about adminning (is that a word? ;o) ).

So, I think it's easy to find fault with the admins under almost any circumstances and yet - it's a difficult job and can be quite demanding on nights when uncooperative pubs invade. Non-admins just go on with their game and fuss at the admin to take care of all the problems - which we do - most of the time with very little sense of reward apart from our own desire to keep the server a pleasant place for all to enjoy.

Lobster, thank you for acknowledging my post. I wasn't saying you were at odds with us at all at this point - I was just commenting on your initial post. I appreciate your desire to cooperate henceforth and I appreciate even more, your desire to be a part of our server and community. I think that's evident from both the tone of your more recent posts and the fact that you have persisted in this topic - in open discussion. That's reflects well on you.

My vote is to unban Lobster (as soon as he can find his SteamID!) ;o)

Cheers guys.... hope to see ya on da servers!

Cranky B)