DJ's

General J

I know we have a couple of guys who DJ on here. Anyone got any suggestions for a cheaper set of turntables and a mixer for starting out. I am not looking to get into anything professional. This is simply for my enjoyment. I have played the drums for about 9 years now, and really enjoy break beat and fusion/acid jazz stuff, so this seems like a fun thing to mess around with. Looking for decent equipment that has a reliable history. Looking to search on ebay for some used stuff. Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry...I only just found this part of the forums...

as for cheap decks...just the thought makes me cringe...I can't recommend any turntable other than the technics 1200

HOWEVER...if you aren't serious, and DO NOT PLAN ON GETTING SERIOUS (this is very key bc if you find yourself getting serious without getting the techs first, you be kicking yourself for a while...i'm still kicking myself and its been...ugh...6 years) then you can go for any 3rd party tech knock off (cuz thats what they all are)

companies who do a decent job with direct drive turntables include:

Gemini

Vestax

Numark

keep in mind that for some inane reason some companies are still pushing belt drive turntables on unsuspecting victims...make sure you get a direct drive turntable because belt drivin tables are useless for djing (speaking from experience)

as for a mixer if you're not doing any scratching then you are in luck, just about any mixer that was NEVER sold in RadioShack will do nicely for mixing...if you plan on scratching then be prepared to pay upwards of $500 for a decent mixer (new)

hope this helps...feel free to pm me if you have any q's

• 2 months later...

if you still need help, I just stumbled across this thread with anon's little bump. I sping German Techno / Minimal so if you need help ( i know this was posted a few months ago) but can always hit me up

PS. Anon, and General what do you guys spin?

Edited by Acid-Flux

• 2 months later...

Ok, I totally forgot about this forum. I am selling my DJ equipment. The whole lot of it except the music that I am keeping. I can post up some pictures for anyone that may be interested. I live in Gary IN. but don't let that scare you away. :biglaugha:

The Gear:

2--15" two way full range EV speakers.

Rack consists of a:

Numark DM 1090x 3 channel mix board

2-- JVC single disc CD players-- XL--V261

1--Juice Goose power distributer with double table top light posts

1--American DJ 8 switch light controller

1--CE2000 Crown amplifier--660 watts per channel @ 4 ohms

1-- American DJ Mini Gressor DJ Light

1--American DJ Mystic DJ Light

1--American DJ Sunray 2--( Large table top disco ball )

1--American DJ Prism DJ Light

1--American DJ Orbit DJ Light

All cables are included and there are 2--15 foot jump cables to daisey chain another set of speakers if you like, along with a few microphones, 2 T-Bar light stands and remotes for the cd players. The main rack and the amp case are Grundorf cases. I also have 3 large cd cases that will go with it, I am going to put all my music in the zip up cd books.

Ok, I will post up pictures if you like, I need to get some real good one's of each piece. Now---the going price for all of it is -----$3000. This, and your own music will get you on your way to making good money and good times. For those of you that are wondering, I'm just getting older and my sons do not want to take it over. I find my weekends are tied up with other things so that is the reason why I'm getting out. Oh ya--all the equipment is only 8 years old at the most and in mint condition, I took pride in taking care of my gear, and I like to think that it shows. You can PM me or primus@gamerscoalition.com if you or anyone you may know might be interested in a great side job or hobby. Thanks guys :peace:

• 1 month later...