Connection problems

Hey ppl. I'm just working right now and the job is real boring, so I decided to start a post on ur problems with CS

2 days ago I started having this outrageous ping on gc servers (around 150) and couldn't figure out what was going on so I just hoped it would go away, and after awhile it did. Today, I was playing for about an hour and had the same problem only ping went as high as 170 now. So I decided to check my internet speed using CNET Bandwidth Meter (which u can find on Yahoo! if you want). Of course my speed was under 1000 kbps, while before it was around 2500 kbps, that's over 60% decrease!!! I'm bummed. I'll probably have to call my ISP and figure out problems that they are having... :(

Anyway, I know some of you been complaining about your stuff (Voodoo, Redhawke), so u can just post em up for all to laugh at us :laugh:

Guest eyemaster
Guest eyemaster
Guest eyemaster
Guests

Well, isn't there some new virus out there causing problems?

Anyway, I'm having a diffrent kind of problem. Seems like between maps (most often) I will crash. Then I can't replay until I reboot. If I check the scopeless server after i crashed, I think it always shows more than 24 people on it.

So I'm thinking that everytime someone from GC gets in the server when it's full, it makes me crash.

It's hard to say, but so far, that's what it looks like.

Hey ppl. I'm just working right now and the job is real boring, so I decided to start a post on ur problems with CS

2 days ago I started having this outrageous ping on gc servers (around 150) and couldn't figure out what was going on so I just hoped it would go away, and after awhile it did. Today, I was playing for about an hour and had the same problem only ping went as high as 170 now. So I decided to check my internet speed using CNET Bandwidth Meter (which u can find on Yahoo! if you want). Of course my speed was under 1000 kbps, while before it was around 2500 kbps, that's over 60% decrease!!! I'm bummed. I'll probably have to call my ISP and figure out problems that they are having... :(

Anyway, I know some of you been complaining about your stuff (Voodoo, Redhawke), so u can just post em up for all to laugh at us  :laugh:

Here's a suggestion. Go Here and download the freeware version of pingplotter. Install it, run it, and have it plot it's way to the scopeless IP. It won't fix anything for you, but it will show you exactly where in road to Scopeless you're getting bogged down. If it's somewhere within your ISP's network, you stand a decent chance of them fixing it. Should it be occuring somewhere else, you may be out of luck. Look for the first hop with the big ping spike. That's your culprit.

Hope this helps.

Actually, my ISP pretty much admitted that my connection error appeared to be an issue with the integrity of the actual coaxial cable coming into my apartment. The primary reason for this determination was that the connection problems affected (and still do affect) my numerous Macs as well as my PCs. They're coming to check it out on Sunday, but it pretty much means I'm out of the OSS this time around, as the troubles have only gotten worse. I haven't actually been able to play more than half a map for about 1-2 weeks. Nevertheless, if my ISP doesn't straighten up and fly right in a hurry, it may be time for me to switch providers.

Duh. I actually forgot to describe the symptoms of my error. In short, my connection will stutter. Every few seconds, there will be no communication at all for a second or two. So, while I'm moving as far as I'm concerned, the server sees no movement of mine, and then shunts me back to where it last saw me. Unfortunately, the ping rating doesn't reflect it, as my ping is still around 100 (as it usually is) for those seconds where there is a connection. It's a problem that I've not encountered before. It just gets annoying for web browsing, as sometimes packets just won't get sent, but a quick refresh will bring the page up immediately.

Duh.  I actually forgot to describe the symptoms of my error.  In short, my connection will stutter.  Every few seconds, there will be no communication at all for a second or two.  So, while I'm moving as far as I'm concerned, the server sees no movement of mine, and then shunts me back to where it last saw me.  Unfortunately, the ping rating doesn't reflect it, as my ping is still around 100 (as it usually is) for those seconds where there is a connection.  It's a problem that I've not encountered before.  It just gets annoying for web browsing, as sometimes packets just won't get sent, but a quick refresh will bring the page up immediately.

that's horrible (no sarcasm here)

Guest eyemaster
Guest eyemaster
Guest eyemaster
Guests
Here's a suggestion. Go Here and download the freeware version of pingplotter. Install it, run it, and have it plot it's way to the scopeless IP. It won't fix anything for you, but it will show you exactly where in road to Scopeless you're getting bogged down. If it's somewhere within your ISP's network, you stand a decent chance of them fixing it. Should it be occuring somewhere else, you may be out of luck. Look for the first hop with the big ping spike. That's your culprit.

Hope this helps.

Wouldn't Tracert do the same thing? withouth downloading anything?